Whether you plan, to make the Pianissimo for MAC OS X ?

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Acerbic

Whether you plan, to make the Pianissimo for MAC OS X ?

Post by Acerbic »

Hi! Whether you plan, to make the Pianissimo for MAC OS X (AU VSTi) ?
Last edited by Acerbic on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No, we don't have any plans in the immediate future for a Macintosh version.

Greg
ehma

Post by ehma »

I'think you should.

Many people plan/ would like to migrate from PC to MAC. And it will be a "plus" if it's cross plateform
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Maybe we will someday, but there's nothing scheduled right now.
toddo

Pianissimo for OS X

Post by toddo »

I just found this software and downloaded the trial version on my wife's pc running xp pro. I love the sound and am interested in buying, but I do all my recording in Cubase on a macbook running Leopard 10.5.5. Please add me to the list of people interested when you decide make it compatible with OS X.

Thanks.
fizzicist

Post by fizzicist »

Feh! No Mac OS X compatibility. Too bad...looks like a good product. Ah, well...at least that makes the buying decision easy. "Nope!"

<rant>Now that I'm a Mac user, I find Windows-only software just as frustrating as I found Mac-only software when I used Windows. In that regard, the Mac community seems to be a bit ahead of the curve, as many of the developers on the Mac side have come to recognize the advantages of building cross-platform products. I'm excited about the Windows world's...er, "opportunities for personal growth" in that area.</rant> :mrgreen:

Sounds like AcousticaÔäó Pianissimo won't show up in OS X before I give my buying $$ to someone else, but I wish you folks at AcousticaÔäó success just the same.
toddo

OA X plans?

Post by toddo »

Hello again,

I was wondering if after 8 months any further thought had been given to making Pianissimo compatible with OS X? I have now started using Logic and would love to have the use of Pianissimo.

Thank you,
Todd
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

There's been some talk of making a Mac version of Pianissimo, but we don't have any concrete plans at this time. We're focused on creating Mixcraft 5.

Greg
toddo

For OSX

Post by toddo »

Hi Greg,

Just wanted to let you know that after a year I still haven't found a better sound than that of Pianissimo. Have switched to Logic 8 and would still love to buy Pianissimo for Mac. Hoping you find time to make a Mac version after Mixcraft 5 comes out.

Best regards,
Todd
foylefamily

Post by foylefamily »

I too would like a Mac OS X version. I have been a Pianissimo owner for some time, but have recently converted over to a Mac from Windows. All the viruses I was getting was driving me spare - every 6 months I had to reformat my hard drive. Now, having converted to Mac, I am much happier.

Please, please, please make this available for the Mac.

Colin.
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

You might try a VST to AU wrapper like this one:
http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=5
*Vibrant Audio*
mattias.nordqvist

Post by mattias.nordqvist »

I too would like a Mac OS X version. I was almost buying this piece of software. Have been listening to the demos and all, and now I'm very dissapointed of the fact that I cannot use it. :(
larsjaco

Post by larsjaco »

Vibrant Audio wrote:You might try a VST to AU wrapper like this one:
http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=5
From the wrapper's FAQ:

Will it work with PC VST plug-ins?

No.

I rest my case :roll:
nathan_h

Re: Whether you plan, to make the Pianissimo for MAC OS X ?

Post by nathan_h »

count me as another long time user who would LOVE a Mac version of this VST.

The heavy lifting is already done. The market would increase nicely for you, if you port this excellent instrument.
RichyT

Re: Whether you plan, to make the Pianissimo for MAC OS X ?

Post by RichyT »

Hey Guys, I sent an email over two years ago enquiring if there will be a Mac version; still to this day I'm looking for a replacement with no luck. Nothing seems to come close to the richness and warmth of pianissimo. Sadly, you replied it was not in your current plans to release a mac version.

I post this hoping to atleast start a discussion in 2013 amongst the Acoustica team to finally create this amazing vst for the mac; I'm positive that the pro's will outweigh the con's. I understand that you can emulate with WINE etc. but this is not ideal in all circumstances and certainly doesn't give the best results compared to being native.

Please consider this, we're all waiting with bated breath.