VSTi stops playing when selecting other track

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Rick1111

VSTi stops playing when selecting other track

Post by Rick1111 »

So I like putting on Addictive Drums on a track and letting it play a drum beat inside the vst while I fiddle around on another track with a synth. The thing is the Addictive Drums track will stop playing when deselect the track and select another track to play a synth on or something. I've tried ctrl clicking so both tracks are selected and it does work but I will start to hear the drum hits from the Addictive Drum tracks along with the Synth on the other track. Anyway to keep the Addictive Drums playing while riffing on another synth track?
cactus-head

Re: VSTi stops playing when selecting other track

Post by cactus-head »

No - not by itself. Once the track loses focus it won't continue to play the pattern on the VST itself.

You could drag the pattern from the VST to the track, and then loop that section. Hit play on the transport and that will continue to loop. You can click on the track you want to mess around with and play.
Rick1111

Re: VSTi stops playing when selecting other track

Post by Rick1111 »

cactus-head wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:27 pm No - not by itself. Once the track loses focus it won't continue to play the pattern on the VST itself.

You could drag the pattern from the VST to the track, and then loop that section. Hit play on the transport and that will continue to loop. You can click on the track you want to mess around with and play.
Ah yeah that's pretty annoying I hope they change that, thanks for the reply.