Midi pitch

Use this forum for discussing music in general, rather than specific Acoustica products.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Martinimus

Midi pitch

Post by Martinimus »

Hello,
I would like to know if there is a way to gradually increase the pitch of a midi note several tones. With the pitch wheel option in the midi edition, you can raise it one tone (or 2 semi-tones) I know you can do it with audio, using automation (it can go up 24 semi-tones) I think. I think if I convert the midi track to wave, I could do it, but is there a way directly from the midi track? Thank you and keep on making music!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Midi pitch

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Some virtual instruments allow you to adjust the pitch bend range, like MiniMogueVA (it has a P-Bend Range knob). It would be up to the virtual instrument you're using.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Martinimus

Post by Martinimus »

Ok, thanks for the reply. I understand that with mixcraft virtual instruments, it is not possible?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

As I mentioned, MiniMogueVA has a pitch bend knob. Different virtual instruments may have larger pitch bend ranges as well. Each virtual instrument is in control of how big the pitch bend range is.

Edited to add: Acoustica Instruments doesn't have an option to change the pitch bend range.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Martinimus

Post by Martinimus »

Perfect. Thank you very much for the reply!