Missing project files WAS: Mixcraft 9 "Program not responding" when saving

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Partsman

Missing project files WAS: Mixcraft 9 "Program not responding" when saving

Post by Partsman »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:26 am Hi,
he's having technical support problems with Mixcraft 9, included a corrupted project file. I wish I knew how people were managing to get corrupted project files from time to time. I've never run into it.

Greg
I have never had one until today. I moved my projects to a new windows 11 machine. Some plugins may be missing from my default template. Will the log file show what is missing ? If so I will submit a ticket and attach the file.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 9 "Program not responding" when saving

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That's not a corrupted file, that just means that the pathnames to the audio files in the project changed. When you get the "missing file" error, it shows where Mixcraft expected the file to be. Your job is to figure out why it's not there, and where it might be (hopefully not deleted).

To avoid this sort of thing in the future, you can make backups of your projects by selecting "Copy Project Files to..." from the File menu. This option gathers all the audio (or video) files needed for a project and puts them into a folder or zip file.

In general, just remember that audio and video files are stored externally from the project file, so you can't just move the project file to a new computer and expect the audio or video files to be there.

The log file does show where the missing files would have been, and you can view it yourself in Notepad or whatever, since it's plain text. Hit Ctrl+F and search for the word "missing."

Greg
Partsman wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:26 pm
Acoustica Greg wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:26 am Hi,
he's having technical support problems with Mixcraft 9, included a corrupted project file. I wish I knew how people were managing to get corrupted project files from time to time. I've never run into it.

Greg
I have never had one until today. I moved my projects to a new windows 11 machine. Some plugins may be missing from my default template. Will the log file show what is missing ? If so I will submit a ticket and attach the file.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101