Sound level issues

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

vasilly

Sound level issues

Post by vasilly »

Hi,

I am currently using Spin It Again Ver. 2.5 on Windows 10 21H2.

When I record an LP the audio wizard sets the volume and the first recording comes out good, however if I do a second recording of the same thing without changing anything, the sound is really low. This doesn't happen all the time and only does it when I make a lot of recordings. Is this an issue with the version of Spin It Again I'm using or is there something else going on here?

I appreciate the help!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Sound level issues

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Do you have b46 of version 2.5? That's the latest. No, it's not a known issue.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
vasilly

Post by vasilly »

Yes, I have version 2.5 b46. I have had other versions of spin it again. I think this version was before windows XP, because that was when I got this computer. Every time I got a computer, they up dated spin it again, and registered it to TwistedEndZ. That store is no longer in business.
The last time I used spin it again was on 3/23/22. The level wizard worked well. The recorded sound and editing went well. When I put the track information in and close the window. Then open it back up, all information was there, but when you go to the next part of the program only half of the information is there. It took three times to get it all in. I normalize each track individually before making a CD. The CD did not come out good. When you play the CD on a CD-player and not the computer you have to turn up the volume a lot, to get to the same volume as other CD’s I made of the same type music. I made another CD of the same LP but did not normalize it. All other setting are the same. When I played that CD on the same CD-player you really have to turn up the sound to hear it. This is some of the intermittent problems I have been having with this program with windows 10. Before windows 10 I did not have this type of problems with this program. I stopped using it because of this and started using Roxio to digitize LP’s and tapes.
I made the same CD with Roxio, using the same setting. The CD came out good and did not have to turn up the volume to play it on the same CD-player. I prefer to use Spin It Again over Roxio. I think Spin It Again is a better program for digitizing music because of the way it works.
I may have to get a new copy of Spin It Again. Should I remove the old copy of Spin It Again before putting in the new one or will the new program remove the old program. I do not want to get any part of the old program in with the new program. Can I get a new copy of Spin t Again from you?
vasilly@epix.net
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can always download the latest version of Spin It Again here: Download Spin It Again.

You can install right over the old version.

Greg
ChrisSass

Post by ChrisSass »

Im using Spin It V. 2.5 B46 And Win 10 Home
Sound Level Issues
Nothing coming out of Line In Jck = Headphones or Speakers
ive got monitor ticked ive been through all the settings numerous times
i know its recording on the software but my PC must be conflicting with the USB Codec
whatever i try to do in the sound settings nothing is getting to output that i can listen too
as soon as i come out , go to one of MP3 in any file plays
ive got USB Phono Plus set to Phono Low Cut Filter Monitor Source to Both
ive tried all variations on The USB Phono , so the problem is at PC
Any ideas !!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The sound is being recorded, but you can't hear Spin It Again play it? Is that the problem?

If so, go into Audio settings and check the Playback Device setting. That determines where the sound comes out.

Greg