Kontakt not displaying properly through mixcraft 9

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

FreddoBee

Re: Kontakt not displaying properly through mixcraft 9

Post by FreddoBee »

mixyguy2 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:22 pm Well for some effed up reason I only have "Kontakt (VST3)" now; I used to have a "Kontakt" option as shown in the blurry image above. :) And have the same problem. Not sure this is a Mixcraft thing. Re-installing Kontakt didn't help. And after reporting it last week I haven't heard jack. God I hate NI.
I thought I would continue this thread instead of starting a new one as it's relevant.

I've had a number of problems with various VSTs not rendering correctly in MixCraft Pro 9 64 bit.

It came to a head when I installed the latest Kontakt player version in order to use the amazing new Playbox instrument and Mixcraft cut the VST display panel, making it unplayable. I wasn't happy as I'd signed up for Native Instruments Komplete NOW.

I'd had problems in Mixcraft with some other VSTs not rendering correctly, losing portions of the VST panel, namely InstaComposer and Orb Producer 3, so I was pretty sure it wasn't Kontakt that was the problem.

Thinking my computer, Dell Inspiron 3475 AIO with 16 Gb RAM, Windows 10, must be underpowered, I almost went and purchased a new machine, but decided to try a couple of other DAWs, namely Reaper and N-Track Studio, having demo versions of both on board and the difference was that all VSTs displayed as intended in both of the other DAWs.

It seems that many plugins don't have a VST2 and VST3 option, only VST3, so that's not really the answer to getting correct rendering in MixCraft 9.

Any ideas what the problem is? I really love MixCraft 9 but currently find that I can't use it for what I want and will use another DAW until hopefully there is a fix.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Assuming you chose to install the VST2 version, you probably just need to let Mixcraft know where it is. On my computer, it's installed here:

C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit

Go into Plugins preferences and click Edit VST/VSTi Folders to add the folder where you installed the VST2 version of the plugin.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
FreddoBee

Post by FreddoBee »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:42 pm Hi,

Assuming you chose to install the VST2 version, you probably just need to let Mixcraft know where it is. On my computer, it's installed here:

C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit

Go into Plugins preferences and click Edit VST/VSTi Folders to add the folder where you installed the VST2 version of the plugin.

Greg
Hi Greg

Many thanks for your assistance.

For Kontakt Player, I don't have a VST2 available, only VST3. As far as I know there was no option to install a VST2.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Their system requirements call it VST, not VST2, but it is an option. Did you try my suggestion?

Greg
FreddoBee

Post by FreddoBee »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:44 pm Hi,

Their system requirements call it VST, not VST2, but it is an option. Did you try my suggestion?

Greg
Hi Greg

Have just found the time to investigate your suggestion. I rescanned all the folders and sure enough, MixCraft found Kontakt VST and VST3. I selected VST and it works just fine, thank you so much. I'm glad I don't have to re-learn another DAW! MixCraft has been my only one for many years and I've been really happy with it.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know build 470 fixed the Kontakt VST3 issue for you!

Greg
Helen Nina

Post by Helen Nina »

I am having the same problem in Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Helen Nina wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:25 pm I am having the same problem in Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio
Hi,

Can you please describe the problem you're having? Which version of Kontakt are you using? Do you have Mixcraft 10.1 build 574?

Greg