Is there a keyboard shortcut for Midi Input (step recording) in the piano roll?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

FluMusic

Is there a keyboard shortcut for Midi Input (step recording) in the piano roll?

Post by FluMusic »

I see keyboard shortcuts for pretty much everything else in there, all the edit note options and note durations types...but I don't see a shortcut for the midi input. It's really nice in the timeline being able to hit R on the keyboard to start recording, is this not an option for the midi input in piano roll also?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Is there a keyboard shortcut for Midi Input (step recording) in the piano roll?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

In case you didn't know, there's a list of current keyboard shortcuts starting on page 375 of the help file.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
FluMusic

Re: Is there a keyboard shortcut for Midi Input (step recording) in the piano roll?

Post by FluMusic »

Thanks Greg
fycfung

Post by fycfung »

Just to bump this: I am trying out the step recorder, and it feels like the nicest implementation that I have tried so far. The one thing I wish I could have is a toggle on/off shortcut for the step recording button because sometimes I don't know what the next couple notes will be and I want a quick way to get out of step recording mode so I can audition them before I start typing again. If there's any chance that something like this could be added in the next version, I think it would be killer! Thanks!!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft 10 will help with this stuff.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101