emVoice app

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

silveralex

emVoice app

Post by silveralex »

This is a nifty little VST that lets you quickly add vocals. Great for trying ideas.

https://emvoiceapp.com/

I put together a track using it in Mixcraft but when I went to mix it down, the voice came out distorted. More specifically, behind in timing and at a different pitch.

I checked the details of the VST and it requires an internet connection to create the voice. I guess something during the Mixcraft rendering process doesn't allow this to happen fast enough/correctly.

It's not my internet connection as I was able to use the same VSt and the same part in reaper and was able to render it there without any issues. I had most of my work in Mixcraft so I used reaper to render a FLAC file of just the vocals and added that to my Mixcraft project as an audio file.

But I wish this would work as it does in reaper and allow me to just mix down right away.
Perhaps something that can be addressed in Mixcraft 10?
Northfield.Lenox

Re: emVoice app

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

Well that is unfortunate. I had issues with RealiVox by Realitone, not with rendering but with random freeze ups, and I used the workaround you did using Audacity

How is the EmVoice instrument to use in general? I've considered getting the Lucy voice several times, would be very interested in listening to your tracks.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Did you try mixing down to a wav file with the same sample rate as the one you're using in Sound Device preferences?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
gaffster

Post by gaffster »

I have no issues using emvoice inside mixcraft. But I agree, nifty vst. With a little sauce, it can really be convincing.
https://soundcloud.com/user-80635511/em ... al_sharing