New computer - now i's EZDrummer slowing me down

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BillW

New computer - now i's EZDrummer slowing me down

Post by BillW »

Just like my Kontakt issue, I assume there is some "magic step" that I failed to recognize.

Brand new project; I go to a blank virtual instrument track and select EZDrummer. In the interface it says "Audio engine inactive. Check your audio device.

And yet when I open one of the few old projects that work, EZDrummer works fine. Settings in Preferences are the same fo rthe project that works and the one that doesn't.

I don't get a lot of time to make music as it is and this is incredibly frustrating
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
BillW

Re: New computer - now i's EZDrummer slowing me down

Post by BillW »

More info -
When I open a new project and select EZD, it works fine.

The bad news (for me) is I've got a LOT recorded on the project that won't work. And I'm not about to start over. Is there anyway to copy the clips I've recorded over to a new project?

Of course I have no idea why it doesn't work on this project when all the settings are the same.

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
BillW

Post by BillW »

One more "update" - apparently I can copy clips to a library and then import them to a new project.

Not optimal of course but at least I don't lose all my work.

TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hi Bill

Not too clued up, but try checking the Sound Engine settings in EZD. From the Menu (top right corner), > Settings>Sound Engine.

I also have a new computer and mine is set to the centre option 'EZX Optimized (default)'
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
BillW

Post by BillW »

Thanks Trevor - I have it set that way as well.

I copied the clips I have and imported to a new project and it all works fine. Weird, but then again I spent many years in IT Systems Development and "that's weird" was a phrase we used a LOT!!

AND I learned how to copy clips to from projects - something I had never done before.

One thing I also realized though is it's best to copy without the effects being applied since obviously it can't know what plug ins to put on the track in the new project. Easy enough to reset the plugin anyway.

I picked an easy song for my first time back - Don't Bother Me by George Harrison. Just to get familiar with the whole thing again. Positive reinforcement and all before I tackle something more challenging.

Thanks again!

Bill