Mixcraft and EZDrummer 3

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Yellowcake

Mixcraft and EZDrummer 3

Post by Yellowcake »

I'm trying to sync Toontrack EZDrummer 3 to my Mixcraft. In EZD3 I drag a groove down into the window and make sure 'follow host' is selected. Then I add an instrument clip on a track in Mixcraft and hit play. The groove does play but it's like a quarter of the tempo.

I'm told on another forum that this is a glitch with Mixcraft handling VST 3 plugin. It works absolutely fine with EZDrummer 2. Can anyone shed some light on this please? It's a bit of a pain because I like to build my drum tracks in EZDrummer. Thanks.

Dave
TrevsAudio

Re: Mixcraft and EZDrummer 3

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hi!

We had a separate topic on this here https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?t=28751

But the team at Mixcraft were quick to solve the problem 8)

Just download the beta version of Mixcraft (Build 470) here https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/support/beta

That sorts out the problem.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Yellowcake

Post by Yellowcake »

Excellent. Thanks Trevor :D

Dave
unclemeat

Post by unclemeat »

I'm using EZ Drummer 3 with Mixcraft 10 and I have a couple of questions.

1. When I drag a groove from EZ drummer 3 to Mixcraft, the notes don't match. For example, what was a kick drum in EZ Drummer comes in as a snare in Mixcraft. I tried changing the maps since Mixcraft seems to have several "EZdrummer" maps available under the Sound tab, but none of them seem to match. What is my best bet to make this work properly so I don't have to grab the midi notes within Mixcraft and drag them to the right note? Do I have to create my own map? From what I've read that can be difficult / time consuming to do.

2. Also, I'm wondering about the "Follow Host" option in EZ Drummer 3. It does an amazing job of matching the timing of your playback in Mixcraft. Is there any way to import the Midi groove into Mixcraft with that exact timing, or do you have to find that yourself by dragging the clip left /right?
hpharley90

Post by hpharley90 »

unclemeat wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:39 am I'm using EZ Drummer 3 with Mixcraft 10 and I have a couple of questions.

1. When I drag a groove from EZ drummer 3 to Mixcraft, the notes don't match. For example, what was a kick drum in EZ Drummer comes in as a snare in Mixcraft. I tried changing the maps since Mixcraft seems to have several "EZdrummer" maps available under the Sound tab, but none of them seem to match. What is my best bet to make this work properly so I don't have to grab the midi notes within Mixcraft and drag them to the right note? Do I have to create my own map? From what I've read that can be difficult / time consuming to do.

2. Also, I'm wondering about the "Follow Host" option in EZ Drummer 3. It does an amazing job of matching the timing of your playback in Mixcraft. Is there any way to import the Midi groove into Mixcraft with that exact timing, or do you have to find that yourself by dragging the clip left /right?
I have no timing issues with either EZ Drummer or Superior Drummer.
I use follow host quite often with no issues.
10.5 Pro studio build 596
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You're dragging and dropping it from EZDrummer 3 onto the same track that EZDrummer 3 is on?

Is the sound correct? Does the kick sound like a kick?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

FWIW, I've never had any issues with EZD2 and MC, a fantastic program for us non drummers.

M
unclemeat

Post by unclemeat »

Thanks all. I figured some things out. I had my own drum map created using midi learn within EZ Drummer so that my Yamaha percussion pad would work the way I wanted. This map, being active in EZ Drummer caused the the playback within Mixcraft to play the wrong notes. I have to switch the map to default within EZ drummer to make it playback correctly in Mixcraft.

I also didn't realize (I'm still a bit of a newby) that I can just keep all my drums withing the EZ drummer VST. You don't actually have to drag the midi notes into Mixcraft. Having said that, I think I prefer to do so. It's pretty easy to line it up properly but I wish there was a way for it to it automatically