Issues since Microsoft's latest 3Gb update to Build 1607

Support and feedback for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

rhopkins

Issues since Microsoft's latest 3Gb update to Build 1607

Post by rhopkins »

Friday night Microsoft did a 3Gb update to my two systems. Now both of them will no longer run 3.40 version of the label maker. Software recommended reloading program. I did that and it will run one time and only as Administrator. Sometimes it will load 4 or 5 times if they are done in a short time period. But leave the machine for a hour and return. The issue is back again. You have to uninstall and reload 3.40. Received a memo from Eric at Acoustica and seems no one else is having this issue.

I contacted Microsoft and as usual they said this wasn't related to the update. That figures getting such a response from them. Oh, yes this is Windows 10 giving the issue.

Thanks any ideas would be appreciated.

I have turned off Windows Defender permanently. I have also reloaded the operating system back to 1607 and everything returns to normal 3.40 works fine. But along comes the update last night and everything with 3.40 screws up.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Issues since Microsoft's latest 3Gb update to Build 1607

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We've got build 1709 of Windows 10 here and we're not having any problems. Maybe you just need to keep updating?

Also, if you're using Bit Defender, that might be the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
TheHound

Post by TheHound »

Maybe this will help?

Right-click the program you’re trying to run and click Properties
In Properties > click the Compatibility tab
Check the box labeled Run this program in comparability mode. Select an old operating system from the list.
Click OK and try to run the program as an administrator.
How To Run Old Software In Windows 10?
http://www.windowswally.com/how-to-run- ... indows-10/

Usually Microsoft makes are good OS then a crappy one and then a good one. Vista Bad! 7 good. 8 Very Bad and now Windows 10 mildly retarded and invasive. It's overly engineered same as German cars today.

Maybe something here will help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 68c2798e2a

Maybe the best thing to do is use label maker on another computer? Who knows if the "good folks" at MS have made the fix in Windows 10 for running older programs did it right.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I just came across a way to avoid Microshafts forced updates. Read past the registry hack and see the part where you can easily go into settings and set the Ethernet or WiFi as being on a metered connection. Read carefully and use at your own risk.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set- ... windows-10
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That was a spam post, which I've now deleted.

The label maker works fine with the latest Windows 10 update. The main problem seems to be over-enthusiastic anti-virus programs, with Bitdefender being the main suspect.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
elliot15

Post by elliot15 »

Can also try upgrading to the latest iteration of Windows (11), run via compatibility mode (which isn't fool proof) or use a virtual machine, such as Hyper-V Manager. Depending on the level of importance the app is, you can't go wrong with the virtual machine approach.
My Mouse Help Page