EZDrummer - individual tracks in Mixcraft Question

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BillW

EZDrummer - individual tracks in Mixcraft Question

Post by BillW »

I can use the mixer in EZDrummer to affect the volumes on the individual microphones (kick, snare, overhead etc); and when I hit the "plus" sign on the left bottom corner on the ezd track, I see each of them.

However, it does not seem that automation (in particular, volume) works for those tracks (though it does for the main EZD track). That is, there is a section where I want the volume of just the snare to be louder (it's a sidestick rhythm in just one part of the song. But I don't want the volume fo the snare track to be that loud when it switches to regular beats.

Am I missing a setting/option that enables that? I see an "arm" button on each of the tracks, but enabling that doesn't seem to do anything when I raise or lower the volume on the automation lane.
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
TrevsAudio

Re: EZDrummer - individual tracks in Mixcraft Question

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hi Bill!

I normally do all my mixing in EZD, so don't have the parent/child tracks. But I did try this method and agree, automation does not seem to work.

However, if you have the main EZDrummer MIDI groove on your track, just open it up, select all the sidestick instances you want, and then you can just lower the volume with the volume handles. Of course, double clicking the sidestick column, selects all instances.

Hope this helps buddy :D

Automation.png
Automation.png (204.96 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
BillW

Re: EZDrummer - individual tracks in Mixcraft Question

Post by BillW »

Hey Trevor - thanks! Sorry I was so long in getting back to this; maybe it's my imagination or my ears or something, but today it seemed to work.

've noted sometimes saving te project and reopening it helps; no reason to think though that though. Anyway, I agree with your approach - that is relatively "foolproof".
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.