Sooooo Looooooooong !

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Serpax

Sooooo Looooooooong !

Post by Serpax »

Hello !
I am doing a new test on Mixcraft 9 which I had dropped for the same reasons.
It's a very good DAW, no problem there, but how long it takes to start!
I work in general on MULab which is instantaneous when empty and almost instantaneous with a project very loaded with data of all kinds.
Does anyone have an explanation to this ?
FYI, my PC is more than up to running it fully.
I just launched it, I'm going to do my shopping and I'll be back! :lol:
FluMusic

Re: Sooooo Looooooooong !

Post by FluMusic »

Mine boots up immediately when starting a new project. Big projects with extensive plugins/effects used, virtual instruments, audio, etc...no more than 12 seconds for the largest projects.

Not sure what's going on with your daw but maybe try reinstalling. Is it stuck trying to find certain plugins? When booting it loads all plugins and sometimes when one is missing or whatever it might stall or just bug out and never load.
Serpax

Post by Serpax »

Thank you for your answer.
I just reinstalled it right away after cleaning the registry and downlading the latest version.
30 seconds after throwing it, that's where it is.
And that's just the empty start!
https://forums.acoustica.com/download/f ... ew&id=5617
It took a little less time, it's true, once he sorted out the VSTs he doesn't want, but that's anything but immediate.
In addition, there are VSTs he doesn't want when MuLab accepts them all without flinching (even if you have to go through a bridge for 32 bits).
Mixcraft is much more complete but also slow than its little buddies.
MuLab gave me a bad habit on this, even faster than FL Studio.
Attachments
Mixcraft.jpg
Mixcraft.jpg (132.99 KiB) Viewed 2154 times
hpharley90

Post by hpharley90 »

my loads very fast....someone said about 12 seconds for large project
10.5 Pro studio build 596
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

A log file might give us a clue about what's going on.

If Mixcraft is launches especially slowly, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
heks

Post by heks »

Mulab does not check your VST folders every time it loads and you can drag and drop "new" vst's onto its surface to add them if you want. The load time is a problem here too, I recall Greg telling me I had "a bazillion" plugins after looking at my login file :oops: :D :D . It might be a good option in the next version of Mixcraft to make scanning vst's on startup and option :?:
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I have what I consider to be a lot/too many plug-ins.
I like to try them, experiment and learn. I am fairly disciplined about dumping those that don't work as desired or are simply something I would never use. Some are simply duds.
A few I recognize as something I might use once in a while get kept but disabled. What remains is still a lot/too many.

I just timed loading MX9. Under 10 seconds. Admittedly it has taken longer upon first running after initial install-
The OP may have something configured in a manner that doesn't suit MX, or he may have specific plug-ins that hang in MX. Either way- a little troubleshooting should fix the issue.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

For those with Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Celemony recently clued us into something: having an iLok can make Melodyne load faster. Those who see the start screen pausing on Melodyne for a long time may be waiting for Celemony to check Melodyne's activation status.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

MX9 PS pauses about two seconds upon checking Melodyne license for me.

@Greg, is that checking "the cloud" and therefore dependent on internet bandwidth?
If so, my service may explain the lack of any significant delay on the Melodyne license check portion of the load. Fairly fast fiber optic stuff.

Then there is the effect of an SSD, and fast/adequately sized RAM memory.

I don't really know if any of that is relevant here though. just know it works pretty well leaving me plenty of time to fry other fishies. :?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
heks

Post by heks »

I'd just like the option to not scan on start up. If I have installed something new I could select "scan for new vst's" and go build a flatpack, decorate a room or dig the garden while Mixcraft is checking 20+ years of accumulated plugins. :oops: