Fly a hook in Mixcraft aka copy and paste hooks

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rockstarvillain

Fly a hook in Mixcraft aka copy and paste hooks

Post by rockstarvillain »

One question and it's an issue that I've been dealing with on Mixcraft Is there any way that you can fly a hook and get it in the right spot AKA copy and paste and get it directly perfectly time I've been trying to find a way that's the only thing that's been killing me in this program If anybody know any tips on how to line up the second to third hook to get it in the right place feel free to let me know
Acoustica Greg

Re: Fly a hook in Mixcraft aka copy and paste hooks

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What's your snap setting? You may need to turn it off, or at least reduce it.

Also, audio clips snap to the start of the clip by default, so if you copy something, and the beginning of the cut isn't right on the beat, then when you paste it, it will be off beat. You can actually change where audio clips snap by right-clicking on them:

Set Start Time option
Set Start Time option
setstarttimemx9.png (34.11 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
Snap point indicator.
Snap point indicator.
snappointindicatorMX9.png (11.15 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
rockstarvillain

I usually have my snap turn off because I always manually have to move it That's why I posted this form because it's kind of annoying when I want to move my second hook I have to turn off grid mode and turn off snap mode and just move it the way I want to move because it's out of our move it too much and it will go further or it wouldn't go where I wanted to go
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That's what snap is for - it makes it easier to line things up on the beat (assuming they are following the project tempo).

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
rockstarvillain

Okay so am I supposed to change a setting like how is I'm supposed to do it I wish it was a video about it cuz it'll be more explainable but you give me any trips on what can I do
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Not sure if this is what you mean, but it's easy to switch between snap and free movement of the clip.

Use the keyboard shortcuts as indicated to either snap to grid (G) or turn snap off (~).

You could also snap to finer values as shown in the bottom circled shortcuts.

Snap settings.png
Snap settings.png (56.94 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Ausus Razen 5 12 core 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
rockstarvillain

Yeah I'll try it I mean I did this before but it always ended up with the same results but I'll try that other method that he posted in the picture I just wish somebody had a video about it cuz this would be very helpful information I also know a few people that deal with the same problem They just deal with it but for me it starts to get aggravating cuz it slows down my workflow I have to sit there and line up everything perfectly and a right spot
unclemeat

Post by unclemeat »

I'm not sure if this is the exact same issue, but I'm looking for an easier way to copy and paste certain segments of lane/track to another lane/track but in the exact same spot on the timeline. It would be nice if there was a "paste-in-place" option so that you don't have to zoom right in and line it up or snap to the grid. It's awkward, especially when you want to paste that segment way at the bottom or somewhere far removed from where you copied from.