Help with Augmented Strings VST no sound from Mixcraft

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Rex_Masters

Help with Augmented Strings VST no sound from Mixcraft

Post by Rex_Masters »

Hi All, I hope this is the correct board for this

Ive recently got the Augmented Strings VST from Arturia . And it works fine when i run it from my desktop, midi is on, set to all channels, and when i press a key on my axiom air 32, sound plays, i can change effect parameters and sound type etc all fine

In Mixcraft, if i create a vst channel, and choose literally any vst that is on my computer, and press a key on the axiom, it plays, dont need to even arm the track, and the red midi light in mixcraft lights up fine, i can record and it plays back no problems

But when i choose Augmented strings (either normal OR VST3 version) no sound plays, red midi light still lights up, on screen keyboard tracks the notes too, but just no sound at all

My Ignore file doesnt have anything listed from Arturia or Augmented strings, and honestly I have no idea whats wrong or why it doesnt work

Anybody that can shed any light on this, especially if you are using augmented strings currently with mixcraft let me know

Im on Mixcraft 8.1 Pro 64-bit if thats any help

Thanks for your time
Acoustica Greg

Re: Help with Augmented Strings VST no sound from Mixcraft

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Do you have build 418 of Mixcraft 8.1?

I tried it here and it works just fine with both Mixcraft 8 and 9. Did you try selecting different presets within Augmented Strings?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Rex_Masters

Post by Rex_Masters »

Hi Greg

Yes i do have build 418

Oddly if export the track with Augmented Strings i can hear it fine, im just not getting any playback within Mixcraft

EDIT: So ive just figured out it was because i was set to Wave, and not Wave RT as output? - Input/ Output device is the same, just RT

Even if i set Wave down to 48000 the same as my max RT level it doesnt playback within mixcraft at all on standard Wave, but RT works fine

But thanks anyway for your support
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yeah, Wave is kind of a legacy mode. Most people will have less problems if they choose WaveRT over Wave.

ASIO or WaveRT are the best, but not everybody will have an ASIO driver.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101