Revisiting MC's stock instruments

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mixyguy2

Revisiting MC's stock instruments

Post by mixyguy2 »

Y'all don't sleep on these, I've been going through them and there is some surprisingly good stuff there and there is a TON. FWIW
TrevsAudio

Re: Revisiting MC's stock instruments

Post by TrevsAudio »

Totally agree! The stock plugs are pretty neat too. 8)
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

absolutely.
FluMusic

Post by FluMusic »

Curious which one's do you enjoy most? The Journey's plugin I have used quite a bit. Actually has some really unique and useable sounds.

Can't say I've done much with the stock acoustica instruments. The TB Parametric Equalizer stock plugin was what I was using for EQ until I got the fab filter one.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

It's hard to say because for me I'll use whatever I need or "has the right sound" for a speific recording. But to generalize about the plugins included with Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, I do like a lot of the stuff that is in Journeys and Entangled Species. Glass Viper is definately one of my favorites. I like ME80, Memorymoon, miniMogue, V3B organ, Messiah, Nightlife (you have to download it from acoustica), Lounge Lizard, Pianissimo...

I'll use the Acoustia GM instruments in various scenarios as well as the Acoustica Expanded Instruments. I've used various "ethnic" instruments and percussion offered.

Effects: I use the TB effects often. I like the Acoustica pro studio reverb, Fusion Field. The Voxengo Spectrum Analyzer has been extremely useful. The ORB7000 OCTAVE REVERB, has been pretty cool to use. XBASS 4000L BASS ENHANCER has been quite handy.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

trevlyns wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:25 am Totally agree! The stock plugs are pretty neat too. 8)
? You mean the effects plugins? Agree if so.
FluMusic wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:47 am Curious which one's do you enjoy most?
I actually like and am re-discovering some of the stock VIs. It may not technically be "the best" and very basic, but I like the sound of the strings, for example. And for some time I used (and still occasionally go back to) the basic graphical EQ. I liked the presets. And I still haven't truly tried out the TB stuff.

Oddly, I tried to find a list of everything that comes with but didn't see.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

With Acoustica Studio Drums, try the "Processed" presets.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
DavidMcKnight

Post by DavidMcKnight »

mixyguy2 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:44 pm Oddly, I tried to find a list of everything that comes with but didn't see.
Download and check out the Mixcraft manual, near the back they list (or maybe most) of the effects and instruments.
MX 9 Pro, 64-bit. DIY PC w/ i5, Gigabyte Mobo, 16GB, Windows 10. DIY desk from HomeStudioGuy. Behringer 1820. M-Audio LX-4 monitors. Dyna-Bass 5-string. Strat w EMGs. Seagull acoustic. R0de NT1-A, Behringer C2. M-Audio controller. 27 miles of cable.
Northfield.Lenox

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

My go to Acoustica instrument preset is "Ambient Strings" have used it tons as a starting point and it's ended up in quite a few final mixes.

Wonder if there are any planned updates to the Acoustica Instruments / Acoustica Expanded Instruments or Pianissimo? Seems that this has become out of scope of Acustica's scope of work theses days. Speaking of, what happened to Nightlife? Can't seem to find a download for it.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I don't think that's in the cards for Mixcraft 10, but we'll see.

Nightlife is here: https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/extras/nightlife

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101