Can I run 32 bit vst plugins on my installed 64 bit Mixcraft 9?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

dathyr1

Can I run 32 bit vst plugins on my installed 64 bit Mixcraft 9?

Post by dathyr1 »

I know this has probably been asked a hundred times, but I couldnt find the answer to this in my searches.

I try to stick with all 64 bit VST plugins on my installed 64 bit Mixcraft 9, but i do have some 32 bit plugins that would be cool to also be able to play in Mixcraft. So do 32 bit VST plugins(sound or effects) work in my new Mixcraft 9?

thank you for any info.

Dave
Acoustica Greg

Re: Can I run 32 bit vst plugins on my installed 64 bit Mixcraft 9?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, that's one of the amazing things about Mixcraft: it automatically "bridges" 32-bit plugins so that they can load in 64-bit Mixcraft.

It can add a bit of extra overhead to the CPU, but other wise should work just fine. The audio quality is the same.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

(Crosspost)
Yes. The 64bit version will run 32bit plug ins.
Some people may find it causes resource issues to run too may instances, but that depends on the specifics of the project and system.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

Thanks Guys for your replies and nice to hear the 32 bit plugins can be used. Been away from doing music for a while doing other things, not a health issue. Excited to get the new Mixcraft 9,using it, and watching the videos on it. Greg, I will look at the optimization post here to see if I have everything set for best results.

All is working great with new Mixcraft 9. Finding out few of my new plugins are heavy hitters by sometimes causing crackling in the audio. So learning as I go again with the new DAW.

take care,
Dave
jmark

Post by jmark »

Hi, why are my 32 bit plg ins causing pops and spats and bad ju ju as soon as I open it in my 64 bit pro studio 9, if MX craft is Bridging?? Thanks
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

jmark wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:42 pm Hi, why are my 32 bit plg ins causing pops and spats and bad ju ju as soon as I open it in my 64 bit pro studio 9, if MX craft is Bridging?? Thanks
Hi,

If Mixcraft weren't bridging, you wouldn't be able to use 32-bit plugins at all in 64-bit Mixcraft.

Using lots and lots of 32-bit plugins can add some CPU overhead, because Mixcraft has to run them in 64-bit shells. But are you sure the problem is that they are 32-bit? Some plugins just eat more CPU than others. Freezing tracks (Ctrl+F) can help if you've got some CPU-gobblers.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101