playing too fast/1.5 steps too high

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Bobby J.L.

playing too fast/1.5 steps too high

Post by Bobby J.L. »

This began on 8/12/2000. Had just been recording demos with the band. No mixing or any was done at this point. Saved and came back later after computer was on standby for 15-20 minutes and this happened. Every song on hard drive which there's approx 25 on this drive and they all played fast. Uninstalled MIxcraft and reinstalled. Worked fine.

Just now finished record guitars solos, closed program never put computer in standby. 10 minutes later reopened same demo and again exact same issue. I searched topics on the forum but they didn't seem to apply. So I figured I'd best get others thoughts. Any Ideas? Has this been reported before?
Thank you very much in advance!
outteh

Re: playing too fast/1.5 steps too high

Post by outteh »

What are you using for an audio interface? Most posts about this issue indicate changing the playback to match the recording 44100 or 48000? :D
Bobby J.L.

Post by Bobby J.L. »

I am utilizing a Soundcraft Signature 22 multitrack board. It is designed to be used as a mixer and/or an interface. I've used this configuration for about 5.5 years now. In the meantime I've uninstalled and reinstalled Mixcraft and ran a virus program and there were none.

After reinstall there are no issues yet. I will check the settings you recommend. Thank you for your response.
outteh

Post by outteh »

This happens to me on occasion. I restart my computer and all works fine. Not sure if this is a windows hiccup or some sort of initial start up issue that happens. Anyway, have fun. Mixcraft is still great! :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you're using ASIO mode in Mixcraft's Sound Device preferences, try turning off the option called "Use Device's Preferred Settings."

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Bobby J.L.

Post by Bobby J.L. »

Thank you for the input. After uninstalling and reinstalling then doing what Greg posted I'm no longer having this problem.