Pizzicato Piano

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

clavguy

Pizzicato Piano

Post by clavguy »

Riddle me this one,.,,
I am making a MIDI track with East West Steinway piano... (default settings in EW player). When it starts, all is well.. then on the 4th instance of MIDI E4, it loses it's envelope so to speak and now gets cut off like pizzicato. no more sustain
But if I click on each one in the piano roll view they sound ok

any ideas?

Thanks
Pierre

SOLVED
FluMusic

Re: Pizzicato Piano

Post by FluMusic »

The sustains are always getting messed up for me too. I asked about it on here awhile ago and apparently it's not a mixcraft thing exclusively, it's just the way controllers are recorded or whatever.

But what I do when I experience issues...sometimes it works to make a new track with the same instrument and effects, and copy paste your 4th instance clip at the correct position so it comes in on this new track instead of on the original track. It's possible this will make it play correctly.

If that doesn't work, you can always manually extend each note in the piano roll so they sustain as long as the notes are extended. It's time consuming but the only sure way I've found to make it work.

Every piano piece I've ever recorded will have sustain issues I need to manually correct. Definitely annoying but apparently it's like this in all daws, not just mixcraft
FluMusic

Post by FluMusic »

oh I see you wrote solved at the bottom of your post. I'm really curious what solution you found, I'd love to know whatever you learned.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

clavguy wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:46 pm SOLVED
Was there a stray Hold Pedal Off command in there?
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

:oops: Yes Greg on the previous instance of an E4 note.... :oops:

Thanks
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

FluMusic wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:56 am ... I asked about it on here awhile ago and apparently it's not a mixcraft thing exclusively, it's just the way controllers are recorded or whatever.
If I'm thinking of the thread you are refering to FluMusic, you were cutting and pasting notes within clips and the sustain pedal Ons and Offs weren't moving with the displaced notes. The result of a stray or out of place On or Off sustain message affects the notes similarly - so it is related but maybe under different initial circumstances.
Drdish007

Post by Drdish007 »

Hi,
I record using the EW grand pianos /Play engine ( as a plug-in, or standalone ) without the issues you have stated. When I record a piano part, I play and record the whole part.

How are you recording your piano tracks? I have used the EW pianos in Mixcraft 8 & 9 without any issues. I have used my Roland D5 synth and my Keystation 88 controller through a midi interface without problems.

- Myran
Mixcraft9RS(469)64Bit, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os),1TB hdd(library audio),1TB hdd (recorded audio),Nvidia GeForce1050i video,16GB RAM,Focusrite 18I20 2nd gen usb,Motu 5 ch.midi interface, D5,U220,Keystation88,B4000+,Leslie,Rhodes73mk1
FluMusic

Post by FluMusic »

cactus-head wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:18 pm
FluMusic wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:56 am ... I asked about it on here awhile ago and apparently it's not a mixcraft thing exclusively, it's just the way controllers are recorded or whatever.
If I'm thinking of the thread you are refering to FluMusic, you were cutting and pasting notes within clips and the sustain pedal Ons and Offs weren't moving with the displaced notes. The result of a stray or out of place On or Off sustain message affects the notes similarly - so it is related but maybe under different initial circumstances.
aw you're right, thank you for clarifying
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

Drdish007 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:03 am Hi,
I record using the EW grand pianos /Play engine ( as a plug-in, or standalone ) without the issues you have stated. When I record a piano part, I play and record the whole part.

How are you recording your piano tracks? I have used the EW pianos in Mixcraft 8 & 9 without any issues. I have used my Roland D5 synth and my Keystation 88 controller through a midi interface without problems.

- Myran
You should probably look at my post where I said I solved the issue. Followed by my reply to Gret on what the problem was. I have no problems with EW Pianos... have been using them since they came out and now the new Opus version.