New Tracks Distorted & Out of Sync

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

tordiway

New Tracks Distorted & Out of Sync

Post by tordiway »

Just upgraded from M7 to M9. I'm attempting to record additional tracks (overdubs, additional instruments, etc.) on existing self-created song files that originated in M7 but have been newly saved as M9 project files. The new tracks I'm attempting to lay down are coming out garbled and sounding like rubbish. Plus, while recording, the moving vertical line that shows where we are in the song is advancing faster than the recorded track making the new track totally out of sync with the rest of the song. This doesn't happen every time, but it has happened 5 out of the last 7 attempts. Mixcraft is not draining my PC's resources, and no other memory hog programs are open. I'm baffled. Anyone had this happen before?
TrevsAudio

Re: New Tracks Distorted & Out of Sync

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hi
Sounds like it could be a timing issue.
Have you checked that the original MX7 project's BPM is the same as the new MX9 project?
Also an idea to select all clips (Ctrl A), then go to the sound tab and select Use Project Tempo.
Hope this helps.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
tordiway

Post by tordiway »

Thanks. Good idea, but turns out not to be the culprit. An hour ago I laid down a new track on a file with no problems, stopping halfway through the song. When I went back just now to finish the 2nd half of the track the distortion and out-of-sync flaw returned. Couldn't complete the 2nd half. 'tis a mystery.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The next time that happens, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
tordiway

Post by tordiway »

Done. Thank you.
novaguitar

Post by novaguitar »

I'm having this problem too. Any fix found yet?
tordiway

Post by tordiway »

Yes. I erased Mixcraft 9 and went back to 7. Prob solved. 🤷‍♂️
novaguitar

Post by novaguitar »

Reinstalling 7 is not an option for me... SSD crash lost my download installation files for 7. I've been using 9 without problems since January. Was suspecting my interface had gone bad until I saw this original post. Just this morning I rebooted, recorded two 10-second test vocal tracks that were fine, and then every test after became garbled. Acoustica?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The next time that happens, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101