Multiple instances of Sonokinetic plug-in

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

clavguy

Multiple instances of Sonokinetic plug-in

Post by clavguy »

Hi,
First let me tell you what I am trying to do... I am trying to create multiple instrument tracks of Sonokinetic's Sotto. (this is one of their phrase based orchestral VSTs like Grosso, Capriccio and others that runs in Kontakt) I make a Kontakt track and load up Sotto Strings. This plays fine. I then create another Kontakt track and load up Sotto Brass. This instance of Sotto does not play. And, when I go back to the first one (Strtings) It, also, does not play anymore. There is a feature called the "phrase picker" where i can go audition the various phrases available by clicking on a little speaker icon near each. For some reason, that part works. I can audition and hear all the phrases. It just does not play when I play triads on my keyboard.

Observations:
1) I have an old Sonokinetic project that I did about 2-3 years ago with similar multiple Kontakt tracks each with an instance of Sotto (Brass, Strings and Woodwinds). I can't remember what version of Mixcraft I used for that It sort of plays ok. Most of the time, everything is good. One time in the whole song it loses the Brass track. So this seems to work better then present day.

2) This is an important observation. Everything I described above that I am trying to do works perfectly in Cubase. Three Kontakt tracks each with an instance of Sotto as I mentioned.. I can audition and hear all the available phrases in each track and everything also works from keyboard.

Any ideas???
Thanks
Pierre

PS, I can make the previous sem-working project available if anyone wants to "look-see"
clavguy

Re: Multiple instances of Sonokinetic plug-in

Post by clavguy »

I guess I am the only one using Sonokinetic products 8)
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Pierre,

Yes, I would confess I don't recall ever hearing of Sonokinetic.

But as soon as I see Kontakt, I'm done. I make music for fun, not torture.
That stuff is for a different kind of music producer...
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

Mark Bliss wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:43 pm Pierre,

But as soon as I see Kontakt, I'm done. I make music for fun, not torture.
That stuff is for a different kind of music producer...
LOL 8) Mark

Anyway... hi... how's it going other than your affinity with Kontakt

Cheers
Pierre
Drdish007

Post by Drdish007 »

Hi,
Did you check which MIDI channel you are using? I use EW symphony and some times I don't havemy MIDI channel set correctly.
What I have been doing lately is convert my MIDI for an instrument sound to audio, then work on other instruments. I mute the MIDI track that was converted to audio. This saves CPU resources for me. I can playback multiple MIDI virtual instruments if I want to.

- Myran
Mixcraft 10.5Pro596, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os),1TB hdd(library audio),1TB hdd (recorded audio),Nvidia GeForce1050i video,16GB RAM,Focusrite 18I20 3rd gen usb,Motu 5 ch.midi interface, D5,U220,Keystation88,B4000+,Leslie,Rhodes73mk1
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

Drdish007 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:36 am Hi,
Did you check which MIDI channel you are using? I use EW symphony and some times I don't havemy MIDI channel set correctly.
What I have been doing lately is convert my MIDI for an instrument sound to audio, then work on other instruments. I mute the MIDI track that was converted to audio. This saves CPU resources for me. I can playback multiple MIDI virtual instruments if I want to.

- Myran
Hi,

Let me repeat part of my question.
There is a feature called the "phrase picker" where i can go audition the various phrases available by clicking on a little speaker icon near each. For some reason, that part works. I can audition and hear all the phrases. It just does not play when I play triads on my keyboard.
That works for each of the 3 Kontakt tracks that I have created... I have a feeling this is a Kontakt + Sonokinetic + Mixcraft issue.. You really can't compare your EW Symphony scenario to this since EW Symphony does not use Kontakt....

Did you see that Mark.... :roll:
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

:lol: Yes. Yes I did. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page