Error Message Saying Nothing is Armed

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ambiants

Error Message Saying Nothing is Armed

Post by Ambiants »

Hi there,

Am using Mixcraft 8. Am able to record virtual instruments A-Ok but am having problem recording my guitar.

I am using a PreSonus Audio Box USB as my interface. I can plug my guitar into it and hear it played back through my headphones which are plugged into the interface. Whenever I apply effects to the track I hear them coming through so I know that the outputs and the inputs are ok. I click on Arm and it turns red, yet when I press record I get the error message

"Nothing is armed for recording"
You do not have anything armed for recording onto a track. You must arm an audio, virtual instrumentation, automation lane, the perfomance panel or another feature to record"

I've checked the recording output destination as well.

Any help would be hugely appreciated - thank you :)
Acoustica Greg

Re: Error Message Saying Nothing is Armed

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Click on the small arrow next to the Arm button and make sure you have the correct recording device selected. If there is a Stereo/Left/Right choice, you want to select Left for input 1 and Right for input 2 (don't choose stereo).

Greg
Attachments
Arming an audio track
Arming an audio track
armaudiotrack.png (17.95 KiB) Viewed 522 times
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Ambiants

Re: Error Message Saying Nothing is Armed

Post by Ambiants »

Thank you for the reply. That's what I have been doing. I can monitor the incoming audio just fine - but every time I hit the record button I get that message. I've reinstalled the drivers. I'm on ASIO settings. I can't think of anything else that would be the problem.

edit: I created a new track and did exactly the same thing and it works - thank you!