Using 50" Visio 4K UND SmartTV with Mixcraft!

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

SirLanceALot

Using 50" Visio 4K UND SmartTV with Mixcraft!

Post by SirLanceALot »

Want a huge Hi-Res screen for Mixcraft?
-->The Visio 50" 4K UHD, Model V505-J09, only $298 at WallyWorld, works great with Mixcraft!! (If you have room for it, see attached .jpg, and zoom in to see how good the detail is. Actual screen is clearer than the .png file)

PRO's:
Low Price! For such a good, bright hi-res picture.
You can stretch the Mixer waaaay out and see most, if not all of your channels.
When mastering I also like a lot of edit popup windows up at the same time. With this huge monitor you can get them all up at once.
When using Mixcraft's, and any VST instruments, I like to have ALL of the edit windows open at once when I'm tweaking things.

CONs:
It's big! Youve gotta have the space for it.
I've typically been using 2 to 3 monitor screens, and there is an advantage to them, as you can easily max a popup window in each.
Attachments
Mixcraft-4K-Screen-edited.png
Mixcraft-4K-Screen-edited.png (602.12 KiB) Viewed 6734 times
Lance
Mixcraft user since Ver 1 (when it still fit on a floppy disk!)
Northfield.Lenox

Re: Using 50" Visio 4K UND SmartTV with Mixcraft!

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

truly cool! can you post a pic of the actual set-up? I cant quite visualize this . . .
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Note: Mixcraft 10 will use .svg graphics, for better scaling and crisper images in hi res.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
SirLanceALot

Post by SirLanceALot »

Northfield.Lenox wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:04 pm truly cool! can you post a pic of the actual set-up? I cant quite visualize this . . .
Northfield,
Sorry it took so long to respond to your request. I simply plugged my laptop HDMI out connector to the big screen's HDMI input. Then go to your laptop or PC's display options to make it either a copy or a separate display.
Since it was amazingly only $299, I just had to post it. My laptop has a high res screen, but it's just too small to separate & see all the VST controls in the windows, all at the same time.

I have a screen shot of all Mixcraft's included super cool keyboard VST's, which I use live, but unfortunately the file size is too big to post here.
I HIGHLY recommend purchasing Mixcraft's Pro version. --> It's absolutely the "BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK", considering its an easy to use and GREAT DAW with video capability, and for all the effects and VST's that come included with it!
SirLanceALot
Lance
Northfield.Lenox

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

Thanks for the response - I noticed Jef Gibbons on YouTube uses a TV in his set up, looks pretty wild...

https://www.youtube.com/user/jefgibbons/featured
SirLanceALot

Post by SirLanceALot »

I've mentioned several times I'm using Mixcraft not only as a DAW, but for it's treasure chest of VST's and other fine included instruments.

***Here's one project where I loaded up a bunch of instruments and VST's on virtual tracks. I set each one to a different MIDI channel so I could easily select them from my workstation keyboard. It's a lot of fun, and makes accessing them live really easy. ***With the big screen you can easily see each VST's window. (I had to downsize this .jpg to upload it. The real screen is crystal clear)
LiveSetup-4KUHD-3_resized.jpg
LiveSetup-4KUHD-3_resized.jpg (809.58 KiB) Viewed 5682 times
Lance