Reverting projects to older versions of Mixcraft.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

JoeCool

Reverting projects to older versions of Mixcraft.

Post by JoeCool »

A new computer is in the works, but until then, Mixcraft 9 does not work well for video rendering on my present setup (not enough power & speed). It works okay for music files, but the video production is another story. During creation it's very choppy & I haven't been able to render a good video yet, if at all. And it takes forever! I didn't think I would ever create videos, but here I am.

It looks like Mixcraft 8 or even 7 might be better for this machine, which I still have installed. I already uninstalled 9; however I can't get the projects associated with 9 to load. Does anyone have a solution? I don't want to start from scratch as I have invested alot of work. 8)

Thanks in advance.

--Joe
Acoustica Greg

Re: Reverting projects to older versions of Mixcraft.

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Older versions of Mixcraft can't open projects from newer versions. You'd have to just recreate the project in the older version.

Or you could mix down to stems and then load the audio stems into the older version of Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
JoeCool

Post by JoeCool »

Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear. I'll give what you advised a try. I forgot about mixing down to stems. Video content is another story. Thanks for getting back so quickly!
JoeCool

Post by JoeCool »

Now for the obvious question. How do I reinstall Mixcraft Pro Studio 9?
Northfield.Lenox

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

Hi - Not an expert on video, but not sure you would see a performance difference between different versions of Mixcraft for video editing / rendering, or is your experience different? A PC upgrade made a massive difference for me for this task.

To reinstall 9 - just log into the Acoustica customer portal, products tab, all the info should be there.
JoeCool

Post by JoeCool »

A PC upgrade is in the works.

I did; however revert to MC8 on my present machine since the machine specs were suited for the system requirements recommended. A four minute vid rendered in less than 30 minutes - no advanced settings - 1920 X 1080 & 30 frames per second @ 80%. So that was encouraging. But it still won't render a 40 minute video at 1280 X 720 at 30 frames per second at 70% without the video freezing at some point - which is very frustrating.
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Video editing and rendering takes takes up vast amounts of resource. This is not a version issue, but a CPU/Ram issue.