two questions i can't find an answer to

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

martinv

two questions i can't find an answer to

Post by martinv »

hi all -

i recorded a live show Saturday and am mixing it... first scenario is that i want to change reverb parameters on the drums mid-song... a short verb until the song changes its feel and then i want a longer verb for that, then back to the short verb. so how do i either change parameters mid-tune or record the reverb to a track? same goes for different delays during a song or generally any change in the atmosphere where in a live situation i would change the effects to match...

second scenario - i saved the entire project, then saved it again as song #1 and cut out everything but the first tune. now i have a good mix going with plugins on various channels... so when i go for song #2, what's the best method for keeping my plugin chains and their settings intact - drum compression plugins, vocal and instrument channel strip plugins etc? my first thought is to save the first song as song #2 and then import all the tracks from the full set and then cut it down to song #2 from those - time-consuming but maybe the best way?

thanks
martinv

Re: two questions i can't find an answer to

Post by martinv »

the 'output' selector for the Send Track only gives me Master. there are no options for routing to a channel.

why can't the Send track be armed and recorded? would make things pretty easy....
:)
martinv

Post by martinv »

..... okay.... so i could set up two different reverb sends, one for the short, one for the longer, and then use automation to blend from one to the other and back... *brain smiles at itself* -- this requires using a second plugin and it adds up after awhile, would be cooler to be able to record the effect... so still want to know if the Send track can be routed to a record track... and definitely need to be able to transfer my plugins from one song/project to another... thanks
martinv

Post by martinv »

the mix... great band in NorCal called PSDSP... kick, snare, one overhead, bass, guitar and two vocals... and a lotta mixing..

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... ieABVbpw0L
Last edited by martinv on Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rodal_60

Post by rodal_60 »

Very good work !!! Congrats....You keep the vibe of a "live sound" I liked the song.... :D
martinv

Post by martinv »

thanks!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

1. You can save effect chain presets in Mixcraft.

Saving an effect chain preset.
Saving an effect chain preset.
saveeffectchain.png (13.88 KiB) Viewed 5097 times

2. You can also change the file type to template when you save a project, and that will save all the settings but not the content of the project. That way, you can open the template when starting a new project that needs that configuration.

Greg

Saving a project as a template.
Saving a project as a template.
saveastemplate.png (31.3 KiB) Viewed 5097 times
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
martinv

Post by martinv »

thanks Greg -

another question has come up in this project - using a distortion plugin AIRdistortion i think, that has side-chain capability... i assigned the vocal to the sidechain and selected both dry and prefader and yet when i turn down the vocal fader to get only the distortion in the mix, the send to the distortion also goes away. i think that dry or prefader would allow me to turn down the track while still sending signal to the plugin?

thanks!