Adding bars? Help...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

sitotisgiorgos

Adding bars? Help...

Post by sitotisgiorgos »

I composed a song using mixcraft 5 but now I have to add 4 bars in the beggining of the song. When I try to move all the music I have composed together and put it 4 bars after, the toggle information (pan, volume etc) does not follow the music so I have to fix the toggle information again from the beggining.
Any suggestions???
Help me please...
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Unfortunately anything you have done in a send track for automation will not move with the tracks.
You could either rebuild the automation or render the project to wav, start a new project and add your 4 bar intro that way.
tsunalight

Re: re

Post by tsunalight »

Acoustica Eric wrote:Unfortunately anything you have done in a send track for automation will not move with the tracks.
You could either rebuild the automation or render the project to wav, start a new project and add your 4 bar intro that way.
I second that. This process has saved me many times =P
BillW

Post by BillW »

I'd like an "insert bars" feature in a future upgrade. I realize it's not as easy as inserting columns in an Excel preadsheet, but the concept is the same. There are time I want to add a section in a middle of something I've recoded but I'm not done with. While it's not all that hard to move it, an insert function woudl certainly be handy.
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

so what would be the best way to avoid coming across this in the first place?
record the basic structure/arrangement etc. till one is satisfied and then add the effects and the icing on the cake?
this seems to be a basic situation which has gone unconsidered!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

effects and mixing are the final steps, you should definitely get the parts recorded and the song structured before starting to add the icing to the cake.
This is not an oversight, any daw works this way.
Just like in the analog days, record it/get it on tape, then add the effects.
Used to be that musicians had to be able to play the song before recording it :shock:
Not saying I am not guilty of the same thing now and then.
creativeforge

Re: Adding bars? Help...

Post by creativeforge »

Hi, sorry for reviving this post... I may be very late to the party but I just faced the same question: I have a song almost finished but for some reason I started improvising and thought that bit could be placed at the very beginning of the song, but as an intro. So I needed to insert a few bars.

What I did (Mixcraft 8) was drag a selection from the start of the song for the duration I wanted, and then right-clicked and selected Insert Selected Time.

Just in case someone needed to figure it out.
insert-bars-1.jpg
insert-bars-1.jpg (269.53 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
insert-bars-2.jpg
insert-bars-2.jpg (314.49 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
insert-bars-3.jpg
insert-bars-3.jpg (333.82 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
insert-bars-4.jpg
insert-bars-4.jpg (339.24 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
I've been off the grid for a time now and slowly makin my way back. Hope this helps someone. :)

Cheers,

Andre
FluMusic

Post by FluMusic »

Hey thanks for pointing this out! You know I never bothered trying insert selected time, I'm always using remove selected time though to bring clips closer and clear the unwanted space in the project. I can think of many ways I'll use inserting time though, thanks for showing
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

You bumped a post from 2011, before we had that feature. It was added way back in Mixcraft 6.

Thanks for posting the tip!
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

Hi Greg,

Ah! It's a great feature!! Love it! Glad to have discovered it, even this late... :roll:

:lol:

Cheers,

Andre