Kontakt 7 not showing up in mixcraft 8 pro VST's

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

dcolby117

Kontakt 7 not showing up in mixcraft 8 pro VST's

Post by dcolby117 »

I was using kontakt 5 for years in mixcraft 7 and 8 pro. Now recently i've tried updating to kontakt 7 and despite adding every folder I could think of to the list of plugin folders and re-scanning, I do not see it listed and can't use NI plugins at the moment. Is MC8 just not compatible with kontakt 7?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Kontakt 7 not showing up in mixcraft 8 pro VST's

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's working for me in Mixcraft 8 (but it will take a long time to load unless you make a change in Plug-In preferences).

Two things:

1. It's 64-bit only, so if you're using Mixcraft 8 Home Studio, or the 32-bit version of one of the other editions, it won't show up. Home Studio owners can upgrade by contacting customer support. If you have Recording Studio or Pro Studio, run the installer again and choose to install the 64-bit version.

2. It's VST3-only, and the VST3 file should be* in this folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Greg

*The specification for VST3 plugins calls for all VST3 plugins to go into that folder, or this one: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
dcolby117

Re: Kontakt 7 not showing up in mixcraft 8 pro VST's

Post by dcolby117 »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:43 pm Hi,

It's working for me in Mixcraft 8 (but it will take a long time to load unless you make a change in Plug-In preferences).

Two things:

1. It's 64-bit only, so if you're using Mixcraft 8 Home Studio, or the 32-bit version of one of the other editions, it won't show up. Home Studio owners can upgrade by contacting customer support. If you have Recording Studio or Pro Studio, run the installer again and choose to install the 64-bit version.

2. It's VST3-only, and the VST3 file should be* in this folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Greg

*The specification for VST3 plugins calls for all VST3 plugins to go into that folder, or this one: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3
Thank you so much.