Spitfire Audio Labs

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Craig Z.

Spitfire Audio Labs

Post by Craig Z. »

Ok, I'm a musician not a software guy,, and I am unable to get Mixcraft 9 to find the Spitfire Choir VST. I downloaded the free lab I wanted and "followed" to the best of my knowledge the steps Spitfire recommended to install it but no luck. Mixcraft doesn't show it. I did go to preferences and had it look for VST's, it scanned and reloaded everything, but no Spitfire Audio lab. Anyone else tried this?
jwarv

Re: Spitfire Audio Labs

Post by jwarv »

Craig,

Is it possibly listed under a different name? I have Spitfire BBC Symphony Orchestra, but it omits the Spitfire moniker. Just listed as BBC Symphony Orchestra.

Jason
Craig Z.

Post by Craig Z. »

Hey Jason, thanks for the reply. I looked for the Spitfire Lab under another name and didn't find it. Cn you give me a simple run-down of how you integrated your spitfire lab into Mixcraft and how you get it to launch? I think I just need some basic guidance if you'd be so kind,
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Are you searching under "instruments"?

I have not yet messed with Spitfire Labs stuff, but I believe you must access via the labs instrument (Or Kontakt player where applicable), where the libraries must be associated.

Your Spitfire Choirs download should include an installer for their player.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you are running a Home Studio edition of Mixcraft, or any 32-bit version of Mixcraft, that plugin won't show up because it's 64-bit only.

Look up at the left side of Mixcraft's title bar, and it will show whether you're using 32-bit or 64-bit Mixcraft.

Greg

32-bit Home Studio
32-bit Home Studio
homestudio32-bit.png (15.65 KiB) Viewed 5077 times
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Oops. Meant to mention that too. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

I had to check its system requirements, and it is 64-bit only.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

Hi,

You access your LABS libraries through the dedicated Spitfire Audio LABS plugin. Mine is located in C:Program Files/Common Files/VST3:

You install the actual free library using the Spitfire Audio desktop App. Create a LABS folder on your drive and point to it in the App settings and any future downloads will be installed there automatically.

When you have downloaded the library, open Mixcraft. If you have correctly saved the LABS plugin in the right location, Mixcraft will automatically pick it up along with your other stuff as normal. In the Instruments, you need to select the LABS VST.

When the plugin opens, any LABS libraries that you have downloaded can be selected from there. You cannot access them outside of this, so no point searching for them.

Hope that helps.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
Craig Z.

Post by Craig Z. »

It works! Thanks to everyone who provided input. Discovered that yes, I needed to have 64-Bit not 32, AND I had not properly pointed to the correct directory. By the way, the free Spitfire Audio Labs aren't too bad. Check them out.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

We'll agree to disagree. I've tried numerous LABS plugins and mostly underwhelmed. Also their install process is a total train wreck.
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

mixyguy2 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:40 am We'll agree to disagree. I've tried numerous LABS plugins and mostly underwhelmed. Also their install process is a total train wreck.
?? Nothing wrong with it. No different to Native Instruments, EastWest and others.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Again agree to disagree. For starters, they don't just give you the VI in a ZIP file, which would make sense. You have to download and install a separate installer to do that. Also they don't install one VI into one given folder, which would also make sense. They're scattered across numerous folders under a LABS folder. This makes it basically impossible to save a given VI off so if you can have it later if you ever want to re-install...no, you have to go through the whole install process all over. And you have to keep telling the lame installer where that LABS folder is. etc.
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

mixyguy2 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:22 am Again agree to disagree. For starters, they don't just give you the VI in a ZIP file, which would make sense. You have to download and install a separate installer to do that. Also they don't install one VI into one given folder, which would also make sense. They're scattered across numerous folders under a LABS folder. This makes it basically impossible to save a given VI off so if you can have it later if you ever want to re-install...no, you have to go through the whole install process all over. And you have to keep telling the lame installer where that LABS folder is. etc.
I'm not sure what you're doing then because the process for installing a Spitfire Audio VST is virtually the same as installing a Native Instruments VST, and if anything it's easier. I have my default directories set so I just buy the VST, open my Spitfire Audio installer and there it is ready to download with one click. Then I just open Mixcraft and there it is, ready to go.

We must be talking about two different things.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Mr.Mxyzptlk wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:01 pm I'm not sure what you're doing then because the process for installing a Spitfire Audio VST is virtually the same as installing a Native Instruments VST
You say that like it's a good thing.
I have my default directories set so I just buy the VST, open my Spitfire Audio installer and there it is ready to download with one click. Then I just open Mixcraft and there it is, ready to go.

We must be talking about two different things.
Yes we are (I think). I don't know if installing any other Spitfire VI is the same as LABS but I sure as hell hope not.