Map drum sound to Akai MPK mini MK3 pads

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bmyregaard

Map drum sound to Akai MPK mini MK3 pads

Post by bmyregaard »

Hi all. I must be missing something, but I'm not sure. I can hear my MPK MK3 controller play virtual instruments. I can select a drum kit and it will play all the drums, cymbals, etc. But can I re-arrange the drum kit sounds and choose what sounds play on certain keyboard pads, instead of the keys? (Eg, kick and snare on the pads) Can't seem to figure that out. Do I have to map the pads in the Akai Editor? In Mixcraft? Or both? Do I choose a kit first? No tutorials have been able to get me on the right path, and believe me, I've watched them all, many times:(
Akai MPK MK3, Korg MicroKEY 25, Akai LPK 25, Korg nanoKEY2; Behringer XR18, Mackie ProFX8 v2; Adam T7V monitors; Shure Beta58a, Rode NT1-A; Acer Aspire E15 laptop, i5-8250U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD www.facebook.com/darkstarproj www.soundcloud.com/bmyregaard
Acoustica Greg

Re: Map drum sound to Akai MPK mini MK3 pads

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It depends on the virtual instrument you're using. With Acoustica Studio Drums, you'd have to change it on your Akai.

If you were using Omni Sampler, you could use whatever sample you wanted.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I use EZDRUMMER2 and I have to go to Akai Editor to match the cc# of the drum I want to the pad. Now with presets I have 4 drum kits set up just the way I like. As Greg said you could map the sample to a sampler as there are no individual programmable cc# for their drums.

I'd recommend trying out EZD2 or the free MT Power Drumkit.

M
bmyregaard

Post by bmyregaard »

Tx for the info. I learned how to use the Omni Sampler and put my sounds on the pads. Now I'm trying to learn the Omni 8 Out, but I can't seem to get the pads to record onto different "child" tracks. I get no "+" button on my Omni 8 track. I have different sounds on different pads, and each pad has a different Output number in the sampler. But the recording is all on one track. Haven't found a video, etc to help with this. What am I doing wrong?
Akai MPK MK3, Korg MicroKEY 25, Akai LPK 25, Korg nanoKEY2; Behringer XR18, Mackie ProFX8 v2; Adam T7V monitors; Shure Beta58a, Rode NT1-A; Acer Aspire E15 laptop, i5-8250U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD www.facebook.com/darkstarproj www.soundcloud.com/bmyregaard
bmyregaard

Post by bmyregaard »

I got it now:) Eric helped get me on the right track! Tx!
Elkwood

Post by Elkwood »

I have a new Akai MPK miniplus. Has anyone found/made a midi mapper program for MPK miniplus to Mixcraft 9?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101