wow boys.. Mixcraft is making it tough to continue

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

clavguy

wow boys.. Mixcraft is making it tough to continue

Post by clavguy »

I tried to open a VPS Avenger project today and was told that i don't have a valid VPS Avenger license and need to runt their V-Man to refresh. I did some research and apparently VPS says you need to refresh their license every 90 days... what a bunch of BS.... Anyway I tried it in Cubase and got the same result but in that case, I was immediately sent to the VPS place and all was fixed. So I came back to Mixcraft and was again told that I don't have a valid license... Now what do I DO???? V-Man say all is well but Mixcraft say NO it is not
Acoustica Greg

Re: wow boys.. Mixcraft is making it tough to continue

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Make sure those other programs aren't running when you test it.

Is Mixcraft loading the very same plugin file that the other programs are opening?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:03 pm Hi,
Is Mixcraft loading the very same plugin file that the other programs are opening?

Greg
How can I tell what plugin Mixcraft is loading?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The log file would show the pathname and filename of the plugin that's being loaded.

The Mixcraft log file is here:
%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

I mean, if Mixcraft is loading an old, not-updated copy of the plugin, that would explain the problem.

I can't think of another reason why the plugin would be registered in other programs, but not Mixcraft.

You could also compare which folders Mixcraft is searching for plugins to the folders the other programs are searching to see if they match. In Mixcraft, you'd go into Plugins preferences and click Edit VST/VSTi Folders.

If it's the VST3 version of a plugin, chances are all the programs would be loading the same plugin.

Greg
outteh

Post by outteh »

Apparently other folks are having the same problem. Several ways they attempted to overcome it. This seems to be one of those vst programs that requires precise install following all instructions including registration and a reload after the license is provided. This is the KVR website I saw the issues on

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/vps- ... ance-sound
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

outteh wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:40 pm Apparently other folks are having the same problem. Several ways they attempted to overcome it. This seems to be one of those vst programs that requires precise install following all instructions including registration and a reload after the license is provided. This is the KVR website I saw the issues on

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/vps- ... ance-sound
For sure... I think that Codemeter stuff is BS
outteh

Post by outteh »

Have you figured it out yet? :D :roll:
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

outteh wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:02 pm Have you figured it out yet? :D :roll:
No
I just went through 24 of their hoops, crossed 34 tees and was able to upgrade to the latest version which was 3 versions newer than the onw I have but Mixcraft still tells me I dont have a valid license. I checked that log file that Greg mentioned and Avenger is mentioned in there like 30 times. So it is to complicated for his feeble mind to figure out. I am trying to reach out to the folks at VPS
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
All Fixed... I think
Just for s and grins i tried it in Studio One. Got the same error.. "you dont have a license for this" so I checked deeper... The instrument track I was trying to create was using VPS-Avenger 64K.... HMMMMMM.... so I deleted that track and created another one with VPS-Aventer VST3
BANG.. no problem and the Avenger that it was using was the latest that I had just upgraded to... So I went back to Mixcraft an BANG... same thing... works great..
I think the reason I was faked out with Cubase, there was only one version to pick from the VST3 version..

THanks boys
cheers
Pierre
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Excellent news!

Something like that would likely be the only reason the licensing would work in one DAW but not another.

Greg