Back with a Sonokinetic Sotto prolem again.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

clavguy

Back with a Sonokinetic Sotto prolem again.

Post by clavguy »

Hi Gang,

As I mentioned in my last Sonokinetic related problem, Sotto is one of their Phrase playing Kontakt libraries. One holds a major or minor triad within the accepted range on the keyboard the the VST plays a multitude of short phrases either for Strings, Brass or Woodwinds. It is a very complete library with a full set of phrases. Here is my issue. It only plays those phrases when I physically play the chords on my keyboard. I have a very long MIDI file full of those minor and major triads. I thought I was going to be slick and I created a Sotto instrument track from it but naaaa that didn't work... I need to come up with a way of creating a Sotto instrument track, ARM it for recording then feed it my existing MIDI track that has all that good stuff in it and hit record on the Sotto track. Can that be done and if so.,.. HOW?

Thanks in advance
Pierre
Acoustica Greg

Re: Back with a Sonokinetic Sotto prolem again.

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Huh, what triggers that behavior? Is it aftertouch or some other MIDI data coming from your keyboard? I mean, if you have the very same chords in a MIDI file in the correct range, it should work. If that's the case, there must be something else that's coming from your keyboard.

Are you sure the file is in the correct range?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101