"An effect has failed" MX9 - Help please?

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

gorevan

"An effect has failed" MX9 - Help please?

Post by gorevan »

MX log file attached.

I am new to Mixcraft I have joined from previously using Cubase. I have had no issues within Cubase however MX keeps giving me this error randomly. Sometimes I open a project and it is fine and sometimes not. Sometimes it's fine in the project until I bounce down the track and then I get the errors. Sometimes the bounce files are just loud static and no audio at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Mixcraft-Log.txt
(213.83 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Acoustica Greg

Re: "An effect has failed" MX9 - Help please?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for posting your log file! You're getting an error that indicates one or more plugins is outputting bad data. This can cause other plugins to crash when they become mortified by being confronted with such outrageous tomfoolery. It can be difficult to figure out which plugin is the culprit by looking at the log file, because maybe the misbehaving plugin itself didn't even crash.

Did you add a new plugin to this project around the time the problem started? You can select "Manage Plug-Ins" from Mixcraft's File menu, disable likely suspects, then click OK and restart Mixcraft to see if the problem is gone. Narrow things down that way.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
gorevan

Post by gorevan »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your prompt response. I have tried this and found Auto-Tune to be the culprit. This is a legit version of Auto-Tune and I've tried both Auto-Tune EVO and Auto-Tune Pro X and both seem to be causing issues which are strange. I've also tried uninstalling these plugins and reinstalling them too.

Do you what other options I have for these plugins causing issues with MX? My friend has the same plugin (dual license) and he has no issues
gorevan

Post by gorevan »

Here is another log file. I only have two active plugins "Gain Reduction" by Joey Sturgis and Auto-Tune Pro X. Both legit liceneses
Attachments
Mixcraft-Log.txt
(161.81 KiB) Downloaded 103 times