New song...

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

M@rkus

New song...

Post by M@rkus »

Hi all,

Hope you all had a really nice christmas and new year!

Hear´s my new song. I´ve used drum loops (which sounds so much better than my "addictive drums"), and also brass loops. It´s a funky thing, and as always I´m very happy with the result ha ha. Concidering I can´t play or sing very well, I came rather close to what I was hearing in my head. But preferably Little Feat should have recorded this ´round 1976-77....

Best regards/
Markus

https://hearthis.at/alex-cox-coyne/i-sh ... done-that/
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
TrevsAudio

Re: New song...

Post by TrevsAudio »

Dig it! Nicely done, Alex. :D
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

trevlyns wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:38 am Dig it! Nicely done, Alex. :D
Thanks a lot, Trevlyns! :D
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
outteh

Post by outteh »

Brilliant as always! How do you do your vocal harmonizing? :D
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

outteh wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:42 pm Brilliant as always! How do you do your vocal harmonizing? :D
Thanks outteh! :)

When it comes to my vocal harmonizing, most of the time I hear something in my head that I would like it to sound like. But I haven´t got a clue as to how to do it.. Therefore it´s much trial and error, I test several different harmonies, and change and rearrange until I think I´m somewhere in the neighborhood of what I heard in my head..

Sometimes I surprise myself and find that the harmonies actually sounds better than I expected. I try to make the harmonies interesting, and like to jump around a bit with the second harmony. Somtimes an octave apart, sometimes I sing the same as the first harmony. I try to not limit myself, If it sounds good and interesting, I keep it.

But of course, with my limited singing/playing talent, I often wished I had proper musicians I could call to play and sing. That is actually a dream I have, having proper musicians recording one of my songs, just to hear for once how it could have sounded. But I suppose you can´t have everything. I´m happy just being able to get something down on tape (disc) that I enjoy listen to myself.
M@rkus/
Sweden
outteh

Post by outteh »

Your vocals are fine, don't beat yourself up. There are folks on this forum that would love to be able to do what your doing, (me included)! :D :D :D :D :D