Bias FX controlling withing Mixcraft via Midi Commander pedal

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ChrisORocks

Bias FX controlling withing Mixcraft via Midi Commander pedal

Post by ChrisORocks »

I am new to the world of DAWS. So far I have watched lots of tutorials and can manage to create a project, add a backing track and record myself playing guitar using Bias FX2 as an effect. All sounds great and worked perfectly.

The part where I could do with some help with is changing the guitar tones in BIAS FX2 within Mixcraft. I have a Midi Commander USB pedal that works fine with the standalone version of BIAS FX2 but I have no idea how to get it to work to change patches within mixcraft.

I have read a few things but I am extremely confused.

Thanks
Chris
Bronzeage

Re: Bias FX controlling withing Mixcraft via Midi Commander pedal

Post by Bronzeage »

Hi Chris,
Did you have a look at page 119 of the Mixcraft user manual.
Will look into it later as I have the Bias FX2.
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

ChrisORocks wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:15 am I am new to the world of DAWS. So far I have watched lots of tutorials and can manage to create a project, add a backing track and record myself playing guitar using Bias FX2 as an effect. All sounds great and worked perfectly.

The part where I could do with some help with is changing the guitar tones in BIAS FX2 within Mixcraft. I have a Midi Commander USB pedal that works fine with the standalone version of BIAS FX2 but I have no idea how to get it to work to change patches within mixcraft.

I have read a few things but I am extremely confused.

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

To use your Midi Commander USB pedal to change patches in BIAS FX2 within Mixcraft, you need to set up the pedal as a MIDI controller. Here are the steps to do this:

1. Connect your Midi Commander USB pedal to your computer.
2. Open Mixcraft and go to the "Options" menu, then select "MIDI Devices".
3. In the MIDI Devices dialog box, select your Midi Commander USB pedal as the "MIDI Input" device.
4. In the track that you want to use BIAS FX2 on, click on the "Inserts" button to add a new effect.
5. Select "BIAS FX2" from the list of available effects.
6. Open the BIAS FX2 interface by clicking on the effect in the mixer.
7. Go to the "Settings" menu and select "MIDI Learn".
8. In the MIDI Learn dialog box, select the parameter you want to control (e.g. "Patch Change") and then press the corresponding button on your Midi Commander USB pedal.
9. Repeat steps 8 for any other parameters you want to control.
10. Close the MIDI Learn dialog box and exit the BIAS FX2 interface.

Your Midi Commander USB pedal should now be able to control patches in BIAS FX2 within Mixcraft.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I have Amplitube and you just have to right click on the knob/slider you'd like to learn and it does it that way, some other vst do this as well, maybe Bias?

M
ChrisORocks

Post by ChrisORocks »

Thank you so much for the help