Route Instruments to Send Track Only missing SOLVED

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ppayne

Route Instruments to Send Track Only missing SOLVED

Post by ppayne »

I want still using the volume sliders on the instrument track and simply send all to the send track only. So that only the send track arrives to master. I think I'm looking for an output configuration like "sends only" or "mute master" on an instrument track :roll: Is there something I have not seen yet?

Best regards,
Patrick
Last edited by ppayne on Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guaresneider

Re: Route Instruments to Send Track Only missing

Post by Guaresneider »

ppayne wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:53 pm I want still using the volume sliders on the instrument track and simply send all to the send track only. So that only the send track arrives to master. I think I'm looking for an output configuration like "sends only" or "mute master" on an instrument track :roll: Is there something I have not seen yet?

Best regards,
Patrick

Yes, you can achieve this in Mixcraft 9 by using "Auxiliary Sends." Auxiliary Sends allow you to send a portion of the audio from an instrument track to another track for processing, without affecting the original audio on the instrument track. Here's how you can set it up:

1. Create a new audio track, and name it "Send Track."

2. On the instrument track, go to the "Send" section and turn on the desired Auxiliary Send.

3. In the "Send" section, adjust the send level to control the amount of audio being sent to the Send Track.

4. On the Send Track, set the input to "Aux."

5. On the Send Track, add any desired processing effects, such as EQ or reverb.

6. In the Send Track's mixer channel, mute the main output by clicking on the "Mute" button. This will prevent the audio on the Send Track from being sent to the Master track.

7. On the instrument track, adjust the volume sliders as desired. The volume changes will only affect the audio on the instrument track, not the audio being sent to the Send Track.

Now, the audio from the instrument track will only be sent to the Send Track and processed by the effects, while the original audio on the instrument track remains unaffected. The processed audio on the Send Track will not be sent to the Master track, as the output of the Send Track is muted. Have Fun!
ppayne

Re: Route Instruments to Send Track Only missing

Post by ppayne »

Guaresneider wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:44 pm
Yes, you can achieve this in Mixcraft 9 by using "Auxiliary Sends." Auxiliary Sends allow you to send a portion of the audio from an instrument track to another track for processing, without affecting the original audio on the instrument track. Here's how you can set it up:

1. Create a new audio track, and name it "Send Track."

I will try that. Thank you for your help Guaresneider

Patrick 8)