record the listen audio

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

stavka

record the listen audio

Post by stavka »

Hello,

Using the Mixcraft 9 Pro there is a way to record an audio from the listen audio?
For example if i play something and listen an audio in an 3rd party software/game, can (and how) i record to a audio track of Mixcraft 9 what i listen.

I saw that it only record from input hardware devices. I hope exist a trick to walkaround that.

Thank You!
cactus-head

Re: record the listen audio

Post by cactus-head »

For Windows and internal soundcards you need to enable Stereo Mix in the windows sound settings.

If you have an audio interface, check to see if it has a loopback function for a particular input/ouput
stavka

Post by stavka »

I not have any audio interface (hardware) to make the loopback of and output to an input.

I hope it could be possible with software or a vst plugin...
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I think you can do it with VB Audio Banana and/or Potato but you may have to have an interface. Either way, I recommend everyone check out those two gems.

M
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

stavka wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:31 pm I not have any audio interface (hardware) to make the loopback of and output to an input.

I hope it could be possible with software or a vst plugin...
With Windows Alone you should be able to do it. You need to be sure Stereo Mix is activated. There's lot's of information on the internet on how to do that.

Once it's activated, you need to set that as your recording device in Mixcraft Preferences:

Stereo Mix.JPG
Stereo Mix.JPG (48.05 KiB) Viewed 556 times

Then in Mixcraft arm your Audio track with Stereo Mix as input, hit record, then start the playback of your listen audio.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Once upon a time, most Windows computers had a "Stereo Mix" or "What You Hear" option. Then, manufacturers started to hide it. If you don't see a Stereo Mix option, you might be able to find it by going into the Windows Sound Control on the recording device tab to show hidden devices and enable it.

But, these days, many integrated computer sound cards don't offer that option. The computer I'm using doesn't.

Greg

Show disabled devices in Windows sound control panel
Show disabled devices in Windows sound control panel
showdisableddeviceswindows.png (35.23 KiB) Viewed 553 times
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
stavka

Post by stavka »

Thank You for the tricks and info!!!