Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ian Lebofsky

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Ian Lebofsky »

I would suggest short cut for hide details area
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

1. Please change the double click on send knobs to set the value to 100 percent. Current it jumps to zero but this I can simply do my own with the mouse. But set value 100 is complicated.

2. Please change the single click preset load in preset dialog. It is absolutely not intuitive. I use MC for years now, but I still double click a preset often because this is the normal way to do it.

I lost my preset many times with this behavior when I single click in the list for favorite or to activate the control for scrolling.

And I often will load instruments twice when I double click on a preset. This comes sometimes to an error from some vst instruments and takes sometimes extremely long, depending on the instrument.

Or give me an option in settings to change this, if anybody else like this behavior.

Best regards,
Patrick
Sturdy

Enable / Disable Lanes toggle/bubble on GUI

Post by Sturdy »

Hi all, I wanted to suggest an optional GUI element that we can turn on/off to enable/disable a lane, similar to mute/unmute on a track. There is currently the ability to right click on each lane and mute/unmute all clips on a lane, but I feel like an extra toggle with an extra layer of mute/unmute per lane would be nice. Suggested possible GUI interface (maybe avail under view options to turn on/off so it only takes up screen space when needed.) Suggested GUI mock-up attached.
Mixcraft_LaneToggle.jpg
Mixcraft_LaneToggle.jpg (103.73 KiB) Viewed 53246 times
1. For comping, I feel like it would speed up workflow quite a bit vs. right click - mute/unmute each lane.
2. Add functionality in that It would allow muting unmuting at the lane level rather than muting/unmuting every single clip in a lane. Sometimes you're working on a lane where you don't want every clip to get muted or unmuted (and remembering which ones to reenable or keep disabled), but where just temporarily muting the lane would be nice to leave individual clip muting/unmuting unchanged beneath the lane level mute. (Similar to how a track level mute does not mute individual clips, but is just an over-the-top mute/unmute).
3. I often leave more than one track active in a lane for layering - like vocals - and it would be nice when reviewing each take vs using the individual clip level toggle which can be a bit fiddly with how small the mute/unmute button is on the screen and I often mis-click it.
4. When clips get chopped up alot, a lane level mute/unmute seems to gain value imho.

Edit: I think the main "con" is that it might provide an extra layer of complexity of confusion for someone wondering why a particular lane is not audible. Have to weigh the complexity issue vs. value of fuctionality gain when enabling ability to mute/unmute lanes.

Anyhow, that's my thoughts from comping a bass line today that I found particularly difficult to play properly.
jwarv

Re: Enable / Disable Lanes toggle/bubble on GUI

Post by jwarv »

Sturdy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:45 pm Hi all, I wanted to suggest an optional GUI element that we can turn on/off to enable/disable a lane, similar to mute/unmute on a track. There is currently the ability to right click on each lane and mute/unmute all clips on a lane, but I feel like an extra toggle with an extra layer of mute/unmute per lane would be nice. Suggested possible GUI interface (maybe avail under view options to turn on/off so it only takes up screen space when needed.) Suggested GUI mock-up attached.

Mixcraft_LaneToggle.jpg

1. For comping, I feel like it would speed up workflow quite a bit vs. right click - mute/unmute each lane.
2. Add functionality in that It would allow muting unmuting at the lane level rather than muting/unmuting every single clip in a lane. Sometimes you're working on a lane where you don't want every clip to get muted or unmuted (and remembering which ones to reenable or keep disabled), but where just temporarily muting the lane would be nice to leave individual clip muting/unmuting unchanged beneath the lane level mute. (Similar to how a track level mute does not mute individual clips, but is just an over-the-top mute/unmute).
3. I often leave more than one track active in a lane for layering - like vocals - and it would be nice when reviewing each take vs using the individual clip level toggle which can be a bit fiddly with how small the mute/unmute button is on the screen and I often mis-click it.
4. When clips get chopped up alot, a lane level mute/unmute seems to gain value imho.

Edit: I think the main "con" is that it might provide an extra layer of complexity of confusion for someone wondering why a particular lane is not audible. Have to weigh the complexity issue vs. value of fuctionality gain when enabling ability to mute/unmute lanes.

Anyhow, that's my thoughts from comping a bass line today that I found particularly difficult to play properly.
I'm not hating this. In fact, I like it very much. Excellent idea!
RLWilsonxx

Post by RLWilsonxx »

It would be really nice if one could assign a keyswitch to text that then could be shown in the notation view. That way one could keep the keyswitces out of the score but instead one can see the key switch as a text, e.g. staccato or with mute and such.

Also be able to adjust measure lines similar to how one can do that in Able Midi
Stiffmeister

Post by Stiffmeister »

It would be great if the VST stays as Favourites when selecting a new virtual instrument track.
+ Just add FX on an audioitem in the track.
andy79

Post by andy79 »

Improvements of the performace mode (keeping the smart and essential features like Mixcraft usually does) using external devices like Novation Launchpad could be a great help
lordmullin

Post by lordmullin »

Hi everyone!
I have a couple of suggestions:
  • When I merge two or more midi parts, after having recorded a few drop-ins, I then go to: Lanes>delete unused lanes. Just a minor thing, but that could possibly be automatic, after merging?
    The other thing would Left and Right Locators. I admit I'm not too familiar with the Marker system, but if, say, I could hold CTRL and hit L, it would put a L locator at the cursor point, then move along to where I'd like the R locator, hit CTRL>R... you get the idea - then you just hit L or R to get to either point
Thanks for reading :)
Mixcraft 9 build 469
Win10 64-bit, Intel i7, 8Gb RAM, Behringer UMC204HD
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

lordmullin wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:36 pm Hi everyone!
  • When I merge two or more midi parts, after having recorded a few drop-ins, I then go to: Lanes>delete unused lanes. Just a minor thing, but that could possibly be automatic, after merging?
    The other thing would Left and Right Locators. I admit I'm not too familiar with the Marker system, but if, say, I could hold CTRL and hit L, it would put a L locator at the cursor point, then move along to where I'd like the R locator, hit CTRL>R... you get the idea - then you just hit L or R to get to either point
Thanks for reading :)
For merging - You could also select the track and hit CTRL. K to remove lanes.
To insert individual markers, place the mouse then hit CTRL /
Or to select a section for looping, make the selection in the timeline then just hit L to loop
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

lordmullin wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:36 pm Hi everyone!
This is kind of weird, but when I merge I actually need the extra lane to stay. I'm such a neat freak that I rename the newly merged file to match my project. When I do that, the existing clip in the timeline has no audio. Then I drag the merged file into the timeline and match it up to the dead clip in one of the extra lanes. Then I delete the old clip and extra lanes. Of course, you were talking about midi. I do this with audio.

Maybe the option you offered could be a tick box in settings.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

A relatively small thing I know, but give me the option that when the last track has played, everything stops, I mean including that little yellow Play flag.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

This is kind of weird, but when I merge I actually need the extra lane to stay. I'm such a neat freak that I rename the newly merged file to match my project. When I do that, the existing clip in the timeline has no audio. Then I drag the merged file into the timeline and match it up to the dead clip in one of the extra lanes. Then I delete the old clip and extra lanes. Of course, you were talking about midi. I do this with audio.
Something's missing from your explanation. When you merge clips, the resulting clip should have all of the audio of the merged clips. To rename the clip, double click on the clip to rename, the sound tab should open. In the upper left directly under the word "Sound" should be the name of the clip. Click in that box to rename the clip. No audio should disappear. Hold CTRL and click on each clip that needs to be merged so that multiple clips are selected. Press CTRL + W or right click and chose Merge from the pop up menu. There should be a single new clip of the merged audio.
lordmullin

Post by lordmullin »

Thank you J and Trev! I will try those ideas :)
Mixcraft 9 build 469
Win10 64-bit, Intel i7, 8Gb RAM, Behringer UMC204HD
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

cactus-head wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:05 pm

Something's missing from your explanation. When you merge clips, the resulting clip should have all of the audio of the merged clips. To rename the clip, double click on the clip to rename, the sound tab should open. In the upper left directly under the word "Sound" should be the name of the clip. Click in that box to rename the clip. No audio should disappear. Hold CTRL and click on each clip that needs to be merged so that multiple clips are selected. Press CTRL + W or right click and chose Merge from the pop up menu. There should be a single new clip of the merged audio.
Thanks, I'll try that. Previously, I was going into the project folder and renaming the merged file there, which would result in a dead clip on the timeline. So, I had to drag the newly named merge clip into the project. Your way sounds better.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

jwarv wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:23 am
cactus-head wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:05 pm

Thanks, I'll try that. Previously, I was going into the project folder and renaming the merged file there, which would result in a dead clip on the timeline. So, I had to drag the newly named merge clip into the project. Your way sounds better.
So I tried renaming in the sound tab, but it made no change to the merged clip's name in the folder. I want to be able to retrieve my stems and make them easily identifiable. Hence the reason for changing the name in the project folder. It's no big deal. I'm used to clearing out clip carcasses and dragging in living audio. :mrgreen: