Steely Dan - My Old School

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

outteh

Steely Dan - My Old School

Post by outteh »

Great Steely Dan hit: pardon my staccato lead work this was a difficult one to play. :D :oops:

https://soundcloud.com/outteh/my-old-school
Last edited by outteh on Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M@rkus

Re: Steely Dan

Post by M@rkus »

Great job! Takes curage (and skills) to cover a Steely Dan song. I think you did it well, and the guitar was impressive. Did you have access to sheet music, or did you played it by ear?
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
outteh

Re: Steely Dan

Post by outteh »

M@rkus wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:56 am Great job! Takes curage (and skills) to cover a Steely Dan song. I think you did it well, and the guitar was impressive. Did you have access to sheet music, or did you played it by ear?
Thanks Markus, great compliment coming from you. I had the sheet music and also listened to the song quite a few times just could't quite keep up with the speed and the bends. Also couldn't replicate the harmonics too well. I had a Marshal amp vst but it's not the same. :D :D