Is the Apollo Twin X USB interface compatible with Mixcraft 9?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

canteveroutdo

Is the Apollo Twin X USB interface compatible with Mixcraft 9?

Post by canteveroutdo »

Years ago, I bought a Motu M2 Audio Interface. It worked on Mixcraft for 2 years until all of the sudden it didn’t work anymore. After submitting a report request I was told that it was never compatible with Mixcraft, and that it will be compatible in Mixcraft 10. I want to buy the Apollo Twin X interface and I finally have the money to do it. Please help!
Rolling Estonian

Re: Is the Apollo Twin X USB interface compatible with Mixcraft 9?

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I don't have one but all interfaces should work with any DAW, it's just a fancy external sound card. Make sure you've got a pc with some juice and you'll be fine. That Apollo is a sweet unit.

M
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

It's extremely unlikely that the MOTU M2 (or any MOTU interface for that matter) is "incompatible" with Mixcraft or any DAW software that has been field-tested over years by thousands of users on various makes of interfaces.

The simple fact is that the manufacturers can't possibly test their units on every DAW extensively, so they test with a handful of the most common ones, and then release their interfaces to the public with the usual disclaimer that if your DAW isn't on their "compatible" list, it will likely still work okay, but they won't be held responsible for any problems (translated: Don't call them, they won't help you).

The fact that your unit worked fine for two years proves that it wasn't incompatible to begin with. There are any number of hardware or software-related issues that could have stopped it working suddenly. Did you test it with any other DAW? If it still worked, then the problem was software related, and we might have been able to help you troubleshoot it here. Of course if the unit's hardware died, that had nothing to do with Mixcraft.

I'm sure there are both MOTU and Apollo interface users here who can attest to their compatibility with Mixcraft. :)
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Yeah whoever said that about the MOTU interface is obviously clueless. In fact I've never heard of any DAW being incompatible with a given interface, and probably for good reason, it makes no sense. I'm guessing a Mixcraft competitor said that. :)