Latest Zenology CPU load in MixCraft nearly doubles!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

squeakie

Latest Zenology CPU load in MixCraft nearly doubles!

Post by squeakie »

Has anyone tried the newly released version of Roland Zenology with MixCraft 9 Pro? I updated Zenology today, and wow MC is showing a very notable increase in CPU usage. I understand new additions to the VST may increase CPU usage, but I tested it in Studio One. In Studio One the new version CPU increase isn’t much at all, but in MixCraft, the CPU load per instance has nearly doubled. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Re: Latest Zenology CPU load in MixCraft nearly doubles!

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

I tried it a few days ago but wasn't looking at CPU usage at the time tbh. I've just tried it again and don't notice anything drastic.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

I’m running the newest version of Zenology. They recently updated the program, new sounds, and new GUI. When I open the browser, MC (on my computer), shows a combined usage (in the system monitor meter for MC) of over 30-40% just sitting with the Zenology browser open. When I open a preset drum kit, MC’s meter is showing 25% or more just loading a single preset. It wasn’t this way with the previous version. I’m guessing something within MC isn’t playing well with the new GUI. I can open the updated Zenology within Studio One, and the CPU increase within it isn’t much at all. It just doesn’t seem to be running efficiently within MC.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

See if it happens again, then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

squeakie wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:12 am I’m running the newest version of Zenology. They recently updated the program, new sounds, and new GUI. When I open the browser, MC (on my computer), shows a combined usage (in the system monitor meter for MC) of over 30-40% just sitting with the Zenology browser open. When I open a preset drum kit, MC’s meter is showing 25% or more just loading a single preset. It wasn’t this way with the previous version. I’m guessing something within MC isn’t playing well with the new GUI. I can open the updated Zenology within Studio One, and the CPU increase within it isn’t much at all. It just doesn’t seem to be running efficiently within MC.

Sqk
That's interesting. I've done the same thing and Mixcraft was sitting at 3%/7%. It was at 2% before opening the drumkit.

i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

I’m starting to suspect it’s a Windows conflict. Not long ago I attempted to update Windows. It didn’t go well, and after updating Windows I updated Zenology (version before the latest release). After that I lost the ability to use WRITE in Zenology, and clicking the button locked up all my DAW’s. Possibly a bad driver update somewhere within Windows. I fear a complete reformat might be necessary because I can’t even get Windows to run a proper update. I have no viruses, computer isn’t used for internet browsing, strictly studio use.

Sqk