EastWest Libraries

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Mr.Mxyzptlk

EastWest Libraries

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

Their recent product releases have been fire.

Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition
Hollywood Orchestrator
The String Machine
Forbidden Planet

...and now Hollywood Fantasy Strings which came out a few days ago is really great. The Celli, Basses and multi-octave Strings are insane. It's the first release of the new planned Hollywood Fantasy Orchestra series and I can't wait. The best part is they'll all be included in the ComposerCloud subscription so no surprises there.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
mixyguy2

Re: EastWest Libraries

Post by mixyguy2 »

I've heard really good things about the sound quality, but I've also seen the articulation/UI nightmare they are and so have no interest. If you can get past that, it's probably worth it I just couldn't.
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Re: EastWest Libraries

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

Unless you're a professional musician (which I am not), articulations will always be a challenge, whichever library you use. The Orchestrator is great but for pure sound quality, EastWest are bringing it. Looking forward to the Fantasy series coming next, especially the Brass.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI