Midi Controllers that deserve a mention for Mixcraft 9 users?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

FREN

Re: Midi Controllers that deserve a mention for Mixcraft 9 users?

Post by FREN »

Mixcraft 10.1 Pro Studio 64 bit, on Windows 10 64 bit
GregRBand

Post by GregRBand »

Any new finds or experiences here with some of the previous mentioned or new controllers for Mixcraft?

For me personally I'm thinking the Novation Launchkey Mk3, or Nektar Impact LX+ series. I wish someone made fully control and medium/mini keys in larger than 25 keys, say 32, 37, 49 in a more compact setup but with faders, knobs, extensive transport options, and at least 8 pads, but 16 would be super cool.... oh, and with mixcraft mode of course (like Nectar offers).
grymmjack

Post by grymmjack »

GregRBand wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:02 am I've been toying with idea of changing out my old but cool, M-Audio Axiom Air mini 32 keyboard controller for a more current and possibly better suited setup for my newly upgraded MIxcraft 9 Pro Studio.

I'd like to inform as many readers of a find I came across.

Nektar Impact LX/LX+ has a driver avail for Mixcraft I found in their support pages. It allows the most common transport functions to be auto mapped, including track bank scrolling of the included faders for mixing on the LX+ model!!!!

I thought that was pretty cool, useful. It also has more of a Synth focus on its feature set besides daw control, and I thought that was unique too! The demo videos I watched showed its functions very well.

Any other cool Keyboard and/or Controllers found that work especially well with Mixcraft for users? I really like idea of pre-formatted mapping for Mixcraft for ease, but I do understand that Mixcraft is super cool and easy to customize using the mapping feature within.
I love my Komplete Kontrol S49 Mk2 - I waited and saved and waited and saved, but finally pulled the trigger and I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner. The action on the keys is fantastic, the aftertouch and the integration is great.

In Mixcraft you can control from it using Mackie Universal Control type of controller.

Definitely recommend it. I would say this: if you're going to upgrade, then do it the way you won't regret in a year.

I also love my Behringer DeepMind 12 keyboard synth, which is an outstanding MIDI controller because all the sliders send CC. The only problem is that the size of the thing is ginormous. I can't tuck it away like I can the KK49mk2.

Good luck!