Mixcraft 8 PS not responding when closing projects

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

tjdover

Mixcraft 8 PS not responding when closing projects

Post by tjdover »

Greetings All,

Since build 408, I've been noticing that when I work on a project for more than 30 minutes, closing that project will cause MX8 to hang and become non responsive. The only way to close it is to go into task manager and force the process to terminate. I'm having no other issues, but it would be nice if I could change projects without having to force quit the software and restart it. Any thoughts?
TJ Dover (aka TymmyD)
A/V Production Engineer/Parody Artist
My YouTube Page
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 8 PS not responding when closing projects

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Does this seem to be related to a particular plugin?

The next time this happens, please submit an Acoustica Support Request and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file so we can check it out.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Topcheese

Post by Topcheese »

This just started happening with me, and I thought it was the new windows update, but more and likely one of the hundreds of plugins that I've installed. Now it seems to hang most every time I go to close it. I just started using MC, so I've got a ways to go to learn it.

I'm not going to file a report until I get rid of the useless plugs.
Windows 10 build 16299
AMD A8-6410 @ 2GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Sonar V-Studio 100
Alesis VX49
YMMV :roll: :arrow: https://www.reverbnation.com/dirtbom
tjdover

Post by tjdover »

This is a recent development with me as well. I'll be happy to open a ticket with the mixcraft-log.txt attached next time it happens...which will be today.

After playing with it a little, it feels like a memory leak since it seems to be time related, but I am guessing. It might also be related to how Mixcraft handles 32-bit plugins in the 64-bit system since it seems to hang before all the 32-bit shells are closed. Anyway, enough speculation...I'll get to work!
TJ Dover (aka TymmyD)
My YouTube Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We don't have any memory leaks, but it could be a misbehaving plugin. See if you can narrow it down to one plugin. Sending in a log file might help.

Greg
tjdover

Post by tjdover »

Ticket # 311408 has been filed which includes the text file requested. Let me know if there is anything more I can do to help!
TJ Dover (aka TymmyD)
My YouTube Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi TJ,

In your case, the problem seems to be a plugin called Azurite. I'm able to duplicate it here. Mixcraft is waiting for Azurite to unload itself from RAM.

Greg
Topcheese

Post by Topcheese »

I will drum up a log to submit. The only common denominator I can think of is the 64 bit ToneSpace 2 plugin that I've been testing out. I just was testing it with a 32 bit synth plugin, and it froze when I went to save it.

Edit: This time I had Xpand!2 and TS, and it froze when I went to close TS from the instruments window. I will dig and submit a report.
Windows 10 build 16299
AMD A8-6410 @ 2GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Sonar V-Studio 100
Alesis VX49
YMMV :roll: :arrow: https://www.reverbnation.com/dirtbom
tjdover

Post by tjdover »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi TJ,

In your case, the problem seems to be a plugin called Azurite. I'm able to duplicate it here. Mixcraft is waiting for Azurite to unload itself from RAM.

Greg
I can confirm that removing the Azurite plugin from the FX list fixed the issue. My concern now, is that I've been using Azurite for a while and I previously didn't have this problem before build 408. Of course, I don't think I used it during all the builds between 401 and 408, so I'm not sure when the problem cropped up.
TJ Dover (aka TymmyD)
My YouTube Page
kentb3050@gmail.com

Post by kentb3050@gmail.com »

Ever figure this out was the plug in? I'm running MX8 (ik it's old but up to date) at the studio because the master pc has been dropped from support downloads by HP. Was a Beats edition too go figure :roll: anyway have a lot of issue with similar behaiviour on windows 7 lately. Again no suported drivers. I'll update the pc to a newer custom built after I move out of that local, but it'd su8re help to narrow it down. I think it'd have to be associated with Amplitude 4 though. it's the only loaded non native plug in. Should possibly load up the 32 bit versiion or non vst?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

kentb3050@gmail.com wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:38 pm Ever figure this out was the plug in? I'm running MX8 (ik it's old but up to date) at the studio because the master pc has been dropped from support downloads by HP. Was a Beats edition too go figure :roll: anyway have a lot of issue with similar behaiviour on windows 7 lately. Again no suported drivers. I'll update the pc to a newer custom built after I move out of that local, but it'd su8re help to narrow it down. I think it'd have to be associated with Amplitude 4 though. it's the only loaded non native plug in. Should possibly load up the 32 bit versiion or non vst?
Hi,

The next time that happens, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
kentb3050@gmail.com

Post by kentb3050@gmail.com »

It is several years old but thanks for looking man :D That was a txt file hope that's ok there is a crash file but it's not from the same project.Please let me know if I can provide anything else. No rush on this personal project .