Upgrade question

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

wreck

Upgrade question

Post by wreck »

I ask this same question every upgrade but here goes, Now that I have 10 it is safe to remove 9 yes? It will not mess up previous recordings. Thanks in advance

Upgrade looks great, amazing job.
Sturdy

Re: Upgrade question

Post by Sturdy »

If you can, I'd leave 9 on for at least a while until you're sure things are working well on your system. Idiosyncratic bugs are being reported. But it seems to be running well for me on my system so far, and has some nice improvements. Mixcraft 10 will open Mixcraft 9 files and can save updates in MX10 format, yes, and I haven't had issues, but I have seen a few bug reports where maybe a certain vsti might not open as expected in 10 vs. 9, so worth checking to be sure. But yeah, right now I'm going with MX10 going forward.
wreck

Post by wreck »

Thanks Sturdy, hope your Friday is off to a great start! \m/
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

When you see reports of issues here on the forums, keep in mind that most of the people who are happily using Mixcraft 10 with no issues are generally not posting on the forums. We only hear from those that run into problems. We fixed a lot of plugin issues in general, and as beta testing progressed, we were getting fewer and fewer bug reports because nobody was finding anything.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
wreck

Post by wreck »

Thanks Greg, honestly I have used since 7 and have rarely had any issues. Even beta tested for 9 and I think 8. You are right when things are Rollin' like a well oiled machines folks do't reach out. Have a great day, Pro 10 is looking sweet, I love the lighter color theme. The only problem I had was ya'll taking my money when I tried to buy the upgrade.. lol , your fine staff got that fixed within a few hours. Happy Happy
Sturdy

Post by Sturdy »

wreck wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:00 am Thanks Sturdy, hope your Friday is off to a great start! \m/
Yep! Woke up with a song in my head. ;-) all the best,