Offline activation quirks

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

KStech

Offline activation quirks

Post by KStech »

odd things while in offline mode/activation
Attachments
5336days.jpg
5336days.jpg (16.21 KiB) Viewed 830 times
Mix10-uninstall.jpg
Mix10-uninstall.jpg (49.03 KiB) Viewed 830 times
:arrow: :?:
Acoustica Greg

Re: Offline activation quirks

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I would say those are more than quirks. It looks like offline activation didn't work in this case for some reason. When Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio asks to delete all that stuff, it means that you're not logged in for Pro Studio.

I assume you have Mixcraft 10 build 560, and not an earlier build. The first question is: were you logged in with the correct email address when you uploaded the mixcraft.activation file? If you're sure that you were logged into Acoustica.com with an account that has Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio in the library, then please contact support directly, and let them know which email address you were using (don't post it here).

Submit a ticket here: https://acoustica.kayako.com/conversation/new

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hello again,

Actually, I should ask: are you properly activated while offline now?

Greg
KStech

Post by KStech »

Somehow during offline, Mixcraft reverts to standard instead of Pro. I had to go online with my main (offline)studio computer to show you this.
I'm clearly using Mixcraft Pro, as purchased via the pro download and highlighted in the upper left corrner as such. Offline authorization is highlighted when offline, but it suggests my mixcraft.license was accepted regardless. It is when i start mixcraft that i get that "removal" message, and after i load a song i get the 5k days left in trial mode. I will attempt another setup/installation today.
Attachments
MixcraftPro-request to upgrade-.jpg
MixcraftPro-request to upgrade-.jpg (90.12 KiB) Viewed 779 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It worked for me when I tested it. Can you please zip up your Logs folder and attach it to a support ticket? The new Mixcraft 10 Logs folder is located in the same folder where the Mixcraft 9 logs reside:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

Submit a ticket here: https://acoustica.kayako.com/conversation/new

Note: there's also a new option in Mixcraft 10's General preferences called "Show Logs" that pops up the logs folder.

Greg
KStech

Post by KStech »

this time around:
Downloaded a fresh setup today (June 11-2023), Removed original installation, cleaned registry, reboot,
Re-installed Mixcraft 10 pro, even though i am the admin to my main studio computer,
i chose this time to setup M10 with "run as admin".
The procedure went as usual, started M10, applied mixcraft.license, got same splash screen as original installation , "Thankyou, blah blah".
Looked fine..went online to do updates, had to login to acoustica as usual , got legacy package, went offline.
Tested M10, looks fine although "online activation" was white and bold.ignored it.
Restarted computer, tested Mix10, Loaded projects and tested Mix10 with multiple projects,and several restarts.
All is well.
The original installation claimed all was well and activated, and it was only later that evening when i re-opened my computer that those warnings appeared, so i'll post if it happens again.
Conclusion: The only thing i did different this time was to activate setup with the "run as admin" feature.
P.S. I can live with briefly going online for updates or packages, but generally, like many users, my main computer is offline.
Last edited by KStech on Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
wreck

Post by wreck »

This is the exact issue I was reporting on Friday, happens when you log off. And reverts to studio from studio pro.
KStech

Post by KStech »

@Wreck That's precisely what happens .
After updates are performed by going online.
File>preferences>account choose "logout" , Mixcraft 10 pro reverts to Mixcraft 10 standard version,
and those messages are back "removal of blah blah" 5k days remaining etc.
Confirmed test just now.
EDIT: The issue can be resolved though by activating the internet again, sign in to account again, (Mixcraft 10 will revert to pro instantly)
close the internet, and all is back to normal.
The procedure of logging out through File>preferences>account choose "logout" causes the issue, as obviously the account data must be present.
Last edited by KStech on Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yeah, just stay logged in whether you are using it offline or online.

It works that way by design. If you log out, Mixcraft reverts to Recording Studio trial mode.

Greg
wreck

Post by wreck »

Thanks Kstech and Greg. Hope the weekend is going wonderfully.