Recording Studio versus Pro...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

highlandstudio91

Recording Studio versus Pro...

Post by highlandstudio91 »

Mixcraft 10 RS looks great & I may upgrade next month....but I was always hoping that I would have sufficient reason to go Pro, but Acoustica seems to cater to just guitarists(i.e. very few synths & more emphasis on guitar FX.) Glass Viper doesn't thrill me, Cherry Audio's Voltage is probably CPU-heavy(& I don't care for modular synths)...so for me, the only usable synth would be Cherry Audio's DCO-106(as it's user & CPU-friendly.)By the way....what is the point of having the DCO-106 in the Acoustica store? What would be the benefit of buying it via this website...as supposed to going directly to Cherry Audio's website?
This whole thing is not a major issue(nothing of the sort, really)...as having the advantage of using VST's in other DAW's is ideal( but I do like having the convenience of included synths in a DAW(& getting them at a discount.) However...most of what I would get with a Pro upgrade... just isn't worthwhile, as my main interest is synths.
crackershaun

Re: Recording Studio versus Pro...

Post by crackershaun »

Do you not think ME80 and Memorymoon add quite a lot of value to the relatively cheap price difference while the special offers are available?

IMG_5570.jpeg
IMG_5570.jpeg (25.37 KiB) Viewed 7221 times
IMG_5571.jpeg
IMG_5571.jpeg (26.78 KiB) Viewed 7221 times
Also, most people include FX in their Synthesiser sounds, so the many extra FX in my opinion add greatly to sound creation options. :D

I feel the current discounted price difference makes the extras quite a bargain, so would advise anyone to look at the Mixcraft Compare page and check out all the extras in more detail. 8)
Sturdy

Post by Sturdy »

I'd think the new midi routing would be a big reason for synth players to get the pro version.

For me, Melodyne is nice to have also. I've used it many times to figure out what I played on a bass guitar part. Lots of folks working with vocals would use it also. I'm a pretty poor singer, and it's helped me with hard to "fix/hit/ballpark" harmony parts several times during songwriting phase.
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

It's only a $10 difference??
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
highlandstudio91

crackershaun wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:22 am Do you not think ME80 and Memorymoon add quite a lot of value to the relatively cheap price difference while the special offers are available?

IMG_5570.jpeg
IMG_5571.jpeg
Also, most people include FX in their Synthesiser sounds, so the many extra FX in my opinion add greatly to sound creation options. :D

I feel the current discounted price difference makes the extras quite a bargain, so would advise anyone to look at the Mixcraft Compare page and check out all the extras in more detail. 8)
I was very interested in the ME80...but I couldn't justify spending $80 on a Pro upgrade, when I could just spend $40 on the VST version( and also have the option to use the ME80 in my Reason 10 DAW as well.)
As for FX...I already have plenty of them(such as Phase Motion 2(Audiothing) and AAS's Object Delay(there's also a lot of quality FX freeware out there, such as Valhalla's Super Massive & U-HE's Proto Verb.)
There's also plenty of great synth freeware as well...such as Vital, Surge XT and TAL Noisemaker. So in conclusion, why should I invest anything more than the $29 for Mixcraft 10?
highlandstudio91

Sturdy wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:59 pm I'd think the new midi routing would be a big reason for synth players to get the pro version.

For me, Melodyne is nice to have also. I've used it many times to figure out what I played on a bass guitar part. Lots of folks working with vocals would use it also. I'm a pretty poor singer, and it's helped me with hard to "fix/hit/ballpark" harmony parts several times during songwriting phase.
I have no use for Melodyne...for 2 reasons...one, I don't do vocals much anymore...but when I did, I took pride in practicing & honing my vocal abilities until I got it right(rather than going the fake Milli Vanilli route(no offense to you)....as it's just not my thing.
highlandstudio91

Mr.Mxyzptlk wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:51 pm It's only a $10 difference??
What is only a $10 difference? :?:
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

highlandstudio91 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:57 pm
Mr.Mxyzptlk wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:51 pm It's only a $10 difference??
What is only a $10 difference? :?:
The difference between upgrading to Mixcraft 10 Recording Studio and Mixcraft 10 Pro. (what's with the font colour?)

Edit: Ignore me. I guess you have Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

"(what's with the font colour?)"

FWIW, I can't even read it.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Sturdy

Post by Sturdy »

I guess if you don't need or won't use any of the extra stuff shown in the comparison page, stick with recording studio, save the cash and music on. It's alot of extra tools, but if you won't use them no need to go for pro version.
crackershaun

Post by crackershaun »

highlandstudio91 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:51 pm
crackershaun wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:22 am Do you not think ME80 and Memorymoon add quite a lot of value to the relatively cheap price difference while the special offers are available?

IMG_5570.jpeg
IMG_5571.jpeg

I was very interested in the ME80...but I couldn't justify spending $80 on a Pro upgrade, when I could just spend $40 on the VST version( and also have the option to use the ME80 in my Reason 10 DAW as well.)
As for FX...I already have plenty of them(such as Phase Motion 2(Audiothing) and AAS's Object Delay(there's also a lot of quality FX freeware out there, such as Valhalla's Super Massive & U-HE's Proto Verb.)
There's also plenty of great synth freeware as well...such as Vital, Surge XT and TAL Noisemaker. So in conclusion, why should I invest anything more than the $29 for Mixcraft 10?
Maybe for you then, as you already have so much other stuff, it is not worth it. :)

I just think it is a potential bargain, and worth checking out by people who are looking for a well packaged music recording solution which covers most people’s needs, by itself.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you buy Cherry Audio products in the Mixcraft store, you also own them in the Cherry Audio store. So, for example if a person bought DCO-106 in the Acoustica store, it would be in that person's Cherry Audio account, and its ownership would apply towards lowering the price of purchasing Synth Stack 3 or whatever future synth bundle shows up over there.

In regard to Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio features, along with being able to record the MIDI or audio output of plugins, Pro Studio also has a region control feature, which can be helpful for arranging a song. You can hold down the Alt key and drag a region to quickly duplicate an entire section of a song, automation and all. Or you can copy and paste regions. You can split them by hold down the Ctrl and Alt keys. This would allow you to easily and quickly copy the chorus section of a song to multiple locations, for example.

Region control in Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio.
Region control in Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio.
regioncontrolsmx10pro.png (42.34 KiB) Viewed 7096 times

And there's also "Convert Audio to MIDI" option, which relies upon Melodyne to work.

Greg[/color]
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
highlandstudio91

Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:52 am Hi,

If you buy Cherry Audio products in the Mixcraft store, you also own them in the Cherry Audio store. So, for example if a person bought DCO-106 in the Acoustica store, it would be in that person's Cherry Audio account, and its ownership would apply towards lowering the price of purchasing Synth Stack 3 or whatever future synth bundle shows up over there.

In regard to Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio features, along with being able to record the MIDI or audio output of plugins, Pro Studio also has a region control feature, which can be helpful for arranging a song. You can hold down the Alt key and drag a region to quickly duplicate an entire section of a song, automation and all. Or you can copy and paste regions. You can split them by hold down the Ctrl and Alt keys. This would allow you to easily and quickly copy the chorus section of a song to multiple locations, for example.

regioncontrolsmx10pro.png

And there's also "Convert Audio to MIDI" option, which relies upon Melodyne to work.

Greg
Thanks for the feature set overview of M10 Pro, but I really don't need these features...so I will stick to my plan & just get the RS 10 upgrade.
Thanks to everyone for your replies.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Okay!
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
crackershaun

Post by crackershaun »

highlandstudio91 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:56 pm Mixcraft 10 RS looks great & I may upgrade next month....but I was always hoping that I would have sufficient reason to go Pro, but Acoustica seems to cater to just guitarists(i.e. very few synths & more emphasis on guitar FX.)

I totally agree with you that upgrading does not make sense for you, but I think the first part of your original post is misleading, as there are valuable synths included, just not for you, and guitar FX are not guitar specific, and apply to synths too.

I have Reason and Cubase plus many many third party VSTs, so there is much in Mixcraft that I don’t use, but I am thinking about what the value is to a Mixcraft only customer. :D

Discussing all these points does help give various useful perspectives on the issues. 8)