VST scaling problems in MC10.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

squeakie

VST scaling problems in MC10.

Post by squeakie »

I’m having odd scaling behavior with some VST’s in MixCraft 10. I have my screen view set to default 100%. Several VST’s I’ve enabled the VST to match the scaling within the plugin manager. It works in that the VST is larger and easier to see, but the mouse has gone wonky with the scaling. The highlighted sound doesn’t match the location of the mouse/curser. Because of this lag, I can’t select some sounds because the mouse location is off. This happens in Xpand2 and Structure. If I disable the auto scaling in plugin manager it works fine, but the VST GUI is insanely small and hard to see. I’m also have graphics problems with Roland Sound Canvas when scaling is enabled in the manager.

I still have MC9 and none of these issues are present in MC9.

Sqk.
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
Acoustica Greg

Re: VST scaling problems in MC10.

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Which version of Windows?

What is your scaling setting in Windows Display settings? You can right-click on your desktop and select Display to see them.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

It’s Windows 10. I’m fairly certain my Windows version is current, can’t remember the version number, but it’s updated. I’ll have a look at my display settings, but I’m pretty sure it’s set to “recommended”.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Specifically, what is the scaling set to?

If you turn off the Auto-scale option, does the problem go away?

Greg
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Yes, disabling the auto scale fixes it, but I’m then stuck with very small GUI’s that are difficult to see.

Sqk
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

My display scaling is set to 125% (Recommended)

Sqk
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for that additional info. We'll check it out.

Greg
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

I think I got it sorted out Greg. I used to use multiple displays, but went back to a single display (very large screen for my blind ass). I typically just select Duplicate Display under Display Settings because my laptop sits behind my main monitor (hidden). Since I only use the added monitor, I selected “Show only on 2” instead of “Duplicate these displays”, and it worked. Not only did it work, I’ve noticed my screen resolution has majorly improved compared to using Duplicate.

Thx,
Sqk
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You know What? I had reported something similar to this as a bug, but then we realized it was a Windows problem because it was happening with other programs.

I'd been checking out a report of a scaling issue, and I had one monitor set to 125%, and the other one set to 100%. When I dragged Plug-In Manager to the other monitor, I couldn't click on the controls properly. If the monitors were scaled the same, I didn't have the problem.

Thanks for letting us know the solution you found!

Greg
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Makes sense it being a Windows issue. Once I reduced it from 125 down to 100, and then chose 2nd display only (instead of duplicate) it worked great, and my screen resolution on the added monitor was greatly improved. Man…, the graphics improvements in MC10 really stand out now too.

Sqk