BUGwith dpi awareness and scaling (build 569) in Halion 7 vst3

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

RobAsticles

BUGwith dpi awareness and scaling (build 569) in Halion 7 vst3

Post by RobAsticles »

when i actiivate the "disable monitor DPI awareness" in the global setting (new in build 569) i was hoping, that everything would run as it did in MC9Pro.

However there are still bugs. Halion 7 VST3 works perfect in MC9 and scales correctly, it changes the sice of the window, as i change instruments in this plugin.
Now in MC10Pro with the setting activated, tthe plugin becomes very small and unusable. It also recizes, but leaves empty areas in the window.

Doing it in MC10 withouit the "disable monitor dpi awareness" however works ... but then i have a lot of problems with other plugins.

SO i think, it has something to do with the new features.
Acoustica Greg

Re: BUGwith dpi awareness and scaling (build 569) in Halion 7 vst3

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Some plugins are DPI aware and others aren't. If you turn off DPI awareness, the ones that are not DPI aware will be happier. On the other hand, lots of modern plugins are DPI aware and they will scale up properly with high definition monitors. It sounds like Halion 7 is DPI-aware.

Previous versions of Mixcraft had lots of artwork that looked fuzzy when it was scaled up, so we used vector graphics in Mixcraft 10, which allows beautiful scaling. The plugins that don't scale up properly are probably using bitmaps that would look jagged at high resolutions.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101