Mixcraft 10 Loops won't download

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Alekx

Mixcraft 10 Loops won't download

Post by Alekx »

Hi. I just bought the new Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio and the installation ran without issues. I prefered not install Melodyne right now. I will do that eventually.
The only thing that is not working is loops downloading. I checked firewall, Internet access, and the album tab is empty.
I don't think I was doing something wrong. I've using Mixcraft since version 7 and never had these kind of issues.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio is also installed in my computer. So not sure if something in the loops path is confusing the program as I opted for setting 2 different loops folders. One for Mixcraft 9 and another for Mixcraft 10.
Hopefully you can help me to find how to download the loops
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 10 Loops won't download

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What happens when you try? If it's definitely not a firewall, the problem might be with the custom loop library directory setting you chose. You could try downloading some loops, going into General preferences and clicking Show Logs to find your Mixcraft10-Log.txt file, then submit an Acoustica Support Request with the log file attached to see if it shows us any clues.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Alekx

Post by Alekx »

Hi Greg. Thanks for your prompt answer.

The issue is already fixed. No sure what of the following steps fixed it. The solution you suggested was not possible because the album tab was totaly blank (no styles, instruments, loops, no way of selecting anything from the drop down menu. In sumary an empty window, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again.
This is what I did in case someone else runs into the same issue. Again not sure if this will work for everybody.
  • Uninstall the program. Used a removal tool to unistall everything, even leftovers in the registry
  • I moved the installation program from a cloud managed directory (Onedrive) to the desktop
  • Run the installer again as Administrator
  • Use the default loops path suggested by the installer (C:\ProgramData\Acoustica\Mixcraft\loops) *This is not the same path where Mixcraft 9 PS loops are installed
  • Wait for the installation to end
After that I opened the program and now the album tab showed all loops ready to be downloaded (no more an empty window).
Now the files are downloading and everything seems to work as expected.

Thanks again. Now it's time to look into the new features this great program has. :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

A common problem is that people choose a custom loop library folder that Mixcraft can't write to. For example, once in a while people will try to set the loop library folder inside that Program Files folder, and since that's a protected Windows system folder it won't work.

So what probably worked in your case was setting the loops library folder to a writeable location.

Greg
Alekx

Post by Alekx »

Hi Greg.I think I found whats happening.
From what I see, there is a file that is created in the loops directory called libraries-db.txt that contains the relative locations to files for the list of samples, loops, and sound effects, which are located inside the installations folder that is also in C:\ProgramData\Acoustica\Mixcraft.

Since they are relative locations, Mixcraft cannot find them if the loops directory is created elsewhere and then, when Mixcraft is run, it backs up the original file and creates a 0-byte libraries-db.txt file; hence the album tab appears completely empty.

If I modify the original libraries-db.txt file and write the absolute locations to the files in the installations folder inside ProgramData, then album tab will list all the loops, samples and effects and I can start downloading them.

This is totally different to the approach used for Mixcraft 9 ( and possible earlier versions) in which these files where inside the loops folder itself.

Hope this helps to modify the installer in future updates :)
Last edited by Alekx on Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We have a pending update that will change the way this works.

Edited to add: we just released build 562. Check for updates to get it.

Greg
TomCat63

Post by TomCat63 »

Okay I'm having a somewhat similar issue. I originally kept Mixcraft 9 Studio and Installed Mixcraft 10 along side. The library didn't show up so i uninstalled 0 re-installed 10, well the "Program Data" files were still there so i deleted those db.txt files and re-installed. Now the loops (factory) show up but they don't actually play. So, the file titles are there, but not the files. When I go to Library in Preferences the download loops is all ghosted. I installed everything on my "D" drive.
TomCat63

Post by TomCat63 »

I have Pro studio build 569
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Make sure Windows firewall or other security software isn't blocking Mixcraft's access to the internet.

If that suggestion doesn't help, try downloading some loops, then go into Mixcraft's General preferences, click Show Logs, and find the Mixcraft10-Log.txt file. Send in a support request and attach that file here: https://acoustica.kayako.com/conversation/new

Greg
TomCat63

Post by TomCat63 »

I am running as Admin and "D" drive seems permittable at least it was working for Version 9
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

TomCat63 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:22 am I am running as Admin and "D" drive seems permittable at least it was working for Version 9
Hi,

A firewall could be blocking the downloads. If that's not it, send in your log file!

Greg
MrCable

Post by MrCable »

Hey guys,

it seems I have a problem with my library as well: The "standard" loops and sounds won´t download or show up elsewhere.
The library was just empty after installing Mixcraft 10 PS, build is now 547 (on Win 11 Pro, no other MC-instances were installed).
On install, I chose a custom path for the loops, which I always do.
The then acquired "MVP Samples" (via Store-tab) were integrated into the library just fine and are downloading to that folder.

Also and then, I stumbled upon a bug regarding drag&drop:
When already downloaded and listened to a sample inside the library, I can NOT drag&drop that file onto a track.
I can "hold" the file and drag it, but it is not appearing on the track after release/drop.
If the sample is previously unlistened to, and not yet downloaded, it drags onto an audio-track without problems.
Adding a downloaded file manually via double-clicking the track always works.

I´m using and upgrading MC PS since version 6 and never had issues with the library, I guess there really are
massive changes under the hood. After reading this thread, Mixcraft is also actively whitelisted to the Windows-firewall,
but nothing changed.

Keep up the good work, guys, I really hope we can sort this out!

Greetings,
Erik