samples in library cut attack when played along with beat

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

JSmith09

samples in library cut attack when played along with beat

Post by JSmith09 »

this is not a new mixcraft 10 thing, but i guess i was hoping it'd get fixed. so if your song/beat/etc. is playing and you play samoles from the library (to see what you wanna add, it cuts off the first several milliseconds. the only way to hear how the sample actually sounds is to pause the beat/song. this is really only an issue for me when i'm doing drums, but i'm curious as to whether this can be fixed in the future.
Acoustica Greg

Re: samples in library cut attack when played along with beat

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

So you're playing your song, and you're previewing samples in the library? Are these samples that are already downloaded to your computer?

You can right-click on a list of sounds in the library and select Download All In View to download everything in the currently viewed list. This assumes that you're using "Browse the Library" and not "Browse my Computer."

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
JSmith09

Post by JSmith09 »

yeah, the samples are downloaded, but that still happens.
JSmith09

Post by JSmith09 »

so, i recorded this using wave, but usually i'd asio (sample rate 48000 buf size 128 latency 2.7 ms). buf size 64 helps a bit. any lower, and cpu craps out.

you'd think the signal is clipping, but that's not the case.
samples are downloaded to the computer.
it just seems like a shame to have to pause the song every time i want to add a kick or snare...
Untitled (3).mp4
(883.91 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

JSmith09 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:44 pm so, i recorded this using wave, but usually i'd asio (sample rate 48000 buf size 128 latency 2.7 ms). buf size 64 helps a bit. any lower, and cpu craps out.

it just seems like a shame to have to pause the song every time i want to add a kick or snare...

Untitled (3).mp4
On a side note, how do you get to record video with sound? Nothing I try seems to work.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
kentb3050@gmail.com

Post by kentb3050@gmail.com »

I just wonder if some of that's a funhdemental freq issue?
JSmith09

Post by JSmith09 »

Mr.Mxyzptlk wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:02 pm
JSmith09 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:44 pm so, i recorded this using wave, but usually i'd asio (sample rate 48000 buf size 128 latency 2.7 ms). buf size 64 helps a bit. any lower, and cpu craps out.

Untitled (3).mp4
On a side note, how do you get to record video with sound? Nothing I try seems to work.
wave not asio. wavert doesn't work either. asio bypasses to go straight from program to output without interferences from other programs, etc. i would switch it to wave, then boot up whatever program to record.
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

JSmith09 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:08 pm
Mr.Mxyzptlk wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:02 pm

Untitled (3).mp4
wave not asio. wavert doesn't work either. asio bypasses to go straight from program to output without interferences from other programs, etc. i would switch it to wave, then boot up whatever program to record.
Ah gotcha. Thanks, will try that.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI